How can I change the default app when I use the Google "Note to Self..." ON MY ANDROID WEAR WATCH?

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
How can I change the default app when I use the Google "Note to Self..." ON MY ANDROID WEAR WATCH?

Hi, I'm having an issue I'm hoping someone can help resolve. I use "Note to Self..." (NTS) frequently to remind myself of things I need to do. I recently installed Google Keep on my phone, and now when I do NTS ON MY WEAR WATCH it automatically sends it to Google Keep instead. I still want to have it go to email.

So in summary, here's the issue: the default setting when I use NTS on the phone sends it to Gmail, but when I use NTS on the wear watch it goes to Google Keep. How can I get them both to go to Gmail?

I've looked at the Keep app on the phone and watch, but can't see a setting to change it. Thanks for any help!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How can I change the default app when I use the Google "Note to Self..." ON MY ANDROID WEAR WAT

There should be a setting for it on the Android Wear app. If you go to the JUMP INTO ACTION WITH WATCH APPS, then MORE ACTIONS, there should be one that says TAKE NOTES. I haven't tried it because I don't take notes with my watch yet, and don't have Keep installed, but I'm guessing that if it did something before and now it goes to Keep, that's where it should be.

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: How can I change the default app when I use the Google "Note to Self..." ON MY ANDROID WEAR WAT

Hmmm, I go into that section, click on "Take a note", and the only options are:
- Keep (which has the blue radio button on it selected). There's no other app options showing)
- Cancel
- Browse apps

There are no other options showing. If I click on "Browse apps", it just takes me to the Play Store...?

Can you provide any more suggestions- I'd really appreciate it!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Dang it! Yeah, the Browse Apps only takes you to the Android Wear section of the Play Store for you to install anything from there. Then GMail is not registering itself as a Note taker in Android Wear. Have you tried disabling Keep and see if the watch goes back to taking notes to GMail?

dtfamily

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I have, and it does (go back to Gmail). Wish I could keep Keep but delete the messaging!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy