Questions installed Pushbullet

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks!

I just installed Pushbullet and have a few questions.

I have an Android smartphone and tablet, and I wanted to install Pushbullet because I got tired of coming home to my tablet in the evening to find 50+ notifications that I had swiped away on my phone during the day. So, I installed Pushbullet, enabled notification sync on my smartphone and tablet, and find that the notification sync feature kind of works.

So, here's my first question. I have the CNN app installed on both devices and have it set to give me breaking news alerts. Should swiping those away on my phone, also dismiss the notification on my tablet? I find that it doesn't.

More generally, how does Pushbullet know which apps to sync notifications for? Is it only for apps where you've logged in with a Google account? If so, perhaps this explains why CNN notifications on my devices don't sync.

Third, when I receive a text on my smartphone, I get a Pushbullet notification on my tablet that I received a text. If I dismiss the notification on my phone, the notification on my tablet also goes away. However, if I dismiss the notification on my tablet, the notification on my phone doesn't go away. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks, everyone. Sorry if these are lazy questions - I'm just discovering Pushbullet and am looking forwarding to enhancing my notification experience!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks!

I just installed Pushbullet and have a few questions.

I have an Android smartphone and tablet, and I wanted to install Pushbullet because I got tired of coming home to my tablet in the evening to find 50+ notifications that I had swiped away on my phone during the day. So, I installed Pushbullet, enabled notification sync on my smartphone and tablet, and find that the notification sync feature kind of works.

So, here's my first question. I have the CNN app installed on both devices and have it set to give me breaking news alerts. Should swiping those away on my phone, also dismiss the notification on my tablet? I find that it doesn't.

More generally, how does Pushbullet know which apps to sync notifications for? Is it only for apps where you've logged in with a Google account? If so, perhaps this explains why CNN notifications on my devices don't sync.

Third, when I receive a text on my smartphone, I get a Pushbullet notification on my tablet that I received a text. If I dismiss the notification on my phone, the notification on my tablet also goes away. However, if I dismiss the notification on my tablet, the notification on my phone doesn't go away. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks, everyone. Sorry if these are lazy questions - I'm just discovering Pushbullet and am looking forwarding to enhancing my notification experience!

I would imagine you need to be logged in to an account for it to sync correctly with CNN. As far as the text part, I think it has to do with the Tablet not really getting the text but just a copy.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Based on my tinkering with the app thus far, I think that's correct. It will sync dismissals of notifications where the user is logged in with their Google account (and perhaps other accounts as well, I haven't tested that).

What's interesting about the text notification is that if I dismiss it on my smartphone, it does dismiss on my tablet. That would seem to indicate that the reverse would be true, but it doesn't appear so.

Thanks again!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze