Google Googles drains your battery.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This app seem to drain more battery than the andriod system itself. Check out the screen shot taken from (shoot me) app - available in the market. Uninstall ASAP..

snap20110117_173544.png

Last edited:

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
... not really sure how an app that opens and closes when you ask it to can drain your battery. Just use it when you have to, and make sure you press the back button when you're finished, not the home button. It closes.

I've used a few times here and there, it's never affected me at all.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
... not really sure how an app that opens and closes when you ask it to can drain your battery. Just use it when you have to, and make sure you press the back button when you're finished, not the home button. It closes.

I've used a few times here and there, it's never affected me at all.
I don't know what happen to the attachment screenshot. The last I check what's using the most battery power - Google Googles was using 79%. I uninstall and battery drain return to normal. If the app work for you.. that's good. You can check your battery consumption by doing this...

Menu - settings - about phone - battery - battery use to see what's using the most battery. Android system should be on top.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what happen to the attachment screenshot. The last I check what's using the most battery power - Google Googles was using 79%. I uninstall and battery drain return to normal. If the app work for you.. that's good. You can check your battery consumption by doing this...

Menu - settings - about phone - battery - battery use to see what's using the most battery. Android system should be on top.

I've never heard of android system consuming more battery then the display. If your android system is on top, you've got some problems. My android system has never went above like 5%.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It may be that when you start Goggles it turns on the camera, and the camera will remain on until you close the app entirely.

Make sure you close Goggles with the Back Button to close it entirely, instead of using the Home key which would just send it to the background.

tbizzy1985

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've never heard of android system consuming more battery then the display. If your android system is on top, you've got some problems. My android system has never went above like 5%.

Android system is always on top for me as far as usage goes. Display is pretty darn low on the list for me

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
weird. what device do you use?

I use a droid x, so it has a monster display. Also, I use the phone a lot more then average, meaning the screen is on more often then most.

Still though, what's your battery life if android system is taking up that much?

If I use it only moderately, a few calls, a dozen or so texts, and an hours worth of games/music - I'm at like 35% after 26 hours of usage.

I should also add that I'm rooted, with all of the background bloat that goes under android system deleted. But, even before I was rooted, Android system never got above 10%.

This is interesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781