SwipePad

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
heard about this app on droid life. Great way to switch from app to app within other apps. Allows you to set which apps you want shortcuts for.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/17/swipepad-beta-brings-access-to-your-favorite-android-apps-from-everywhere/

Reactions: ShaLea

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i saw that too and am loving it!!! Who needs seven screens anymore with this thing!! wonder what it does to the battery if anything? Other's experiences?

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering that too. No way it doesn't affect it at all, it's in the background at all times.

My issues with it are this: I think it's too damn slow sometimes (rarely, but it's still annoying), but moreso, these types of apps need more complex gestures to activate. I had set on my bottom edge, but it gets mixed up with my LPP swipe ups sometime, so I moved it to the right edge, and now once in a while if I'm typing the "p" doesn't work because i'm hitting the edge of the phone. Very annoying. I like the app a lot, but it may have to go. At least make it "middle right and left edge" or something like that. What I'd really prefer is having to touch and the drag a circle or something like that,.

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Like any app in it's infancy, it has it's quirks. The developer seems to be very proactive and I've seen I believe 3 updates over the past two days

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i use the swipe motion from the bottom up - Using the incredible so hold my finger just below the phone button and when it starts to shake slowly drag it up.

Hopefully we'll see some support for other gestures/swipes in the future

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
i use the swipe motion from the bottom up - Using the incredible so hold my finger just below the phone button and when it starts to shake slowly drag it up.

Hopefully we'll see some support for other gestures/swipes in the future

New update, just added gesture locations from the top of the screen

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
yup. very nice. i'm sure they will continue to update that aspect, top half on both sides, etc...

I still have the icon in my status bar. Has that been solved yet, while also having it stay on without being killed?

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
glad to put help back into the forum, lord knows i turn here for all sorts of suggestions and advice. thought that there are folks out there that would enjoy this app's functionality

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I really want to use this a kind of card view app switcher. The tasking plugin sort of does that, but I'd love an option to make that what comes up first, and maybe an option to show open apps, instead of recent apps.

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
top down gesture - wouldn't that get confused with pulling down the notification bar? I have big fingers and sense so bottom up is working for me now.

As far as getting it out of your notification bar at the top - bring it up and it's in the settings so it can still run but not be in notification -

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I found out about this application after testing out wave launcher and I like Swipepad more. I got mine set to the top half right edge.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante