Guitar fretboard trainer

Damon Pearce

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Looking for an interactive fretboard trainer. Something that puts "dots" on the screen and you must place your fingers on the dots.
I see a lot of fretboard trainers, but not sure if any of them do that and I don't wanna bog down my NEW phone installing a bunch of apps that may not work and end up giving my phone AIDS.

Posted via the Android Central App

raidencmc

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this helps. I just started learning guitar. I use an app called guitartuna. It has a built-in tuner and several games and a chord library. The library might be what your looking for. In the games they have one for identifying chords where it shows them and you identify them by name. It also has one that shows the chord and name and you play it on your guitar. When you play the correct chord it show you another one. The problem I have is it's timed and I'm very slow. Check it out I like it. And if you have found other apps let me know.

Eric dR

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been playing for more than 30 years. You have to train two things: your muscles and your mind. You will never train your muscles by pushing dots on a phone. Your fingers need to feel the strings, and you need to develop the strength in your finger tips to play the notes cleanly. Your ears need to hear the difference between a clean note and one that is fuzzy because you're not pushing down hard enough or in the right spot, and each guitar you play will "feel" differently. None of them will feel like a phone. There are tons of resources for training your mind on the web and on your phone. Most will help and some are very good. Try Guitar Fretboard Challenge, Fretboard Learn, Frets-101G, Music Tutor Fret Master Light or any of the apps that are listed as similar. If you download from the Apple or Google Playstore, I dont think you need to worry about the safety of your phone. Good luck with your playing!