How can I set my Outlook app up to show my name an not my email address on my Droid Turbo?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
outlook app on droid turbo

i just installed the the outlook app on my cell phone.

when i send an e-mail, the recipient see's that it is coming from my e-mail address.

how can i change it so that they see it is coming from my actual name instead?

thanks for your help.

Last edited:

strutto100

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: outlook app on droid turbo

When I received my new S6 a couple of weeks ago, I installed my Hotmail account using the Outlook app for Android and am having the same problem as you. Contacted the app's support team and they initially asked me to clear my cache from within the Outlook app. This didn't work, so I sent them screen shots of my Outlook app set-up. They then sent my query to a Tier 2 support member who asked me to check that everything was correctly set-up on my webmail. It was and emails sent from my PC displayed my name. The last response from them was, "We are able to replicate this issue on our side and I have forwarded this issue to our development team, we will make sure your concern is addressed in future updates. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused to you. Thanks!

Fortunately I don't use Hotmail very often, preferring Gmail or my POP account, so it's not a major drama for me. Searching the net, I notice Microsoft had a similar problem with outlook.com back in 2013 and it took them approx. 8 months to fix it.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

hopefully this will be fixed with the next update as it is quite annoying since the previous version never had this issue before.

Rahul Maheshwari

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site

hopefully this will be fixed with the next update as it is quite annoying since the previous version never had this issue before.

Has this been resolved

When I receive emails, if I see details who all are marked on the email, it shows me email Id's rather than names
Apparently on an iPhone name display is there

Please advise has this been fixed by Microsoft for Android users???