Google Photos Not Syncing

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

I've been experiencing some problems with my google photos app, since May 30 it stopped uploading my pictures, this are the following things that have happened and that I have done to try to solve it:

• it stopped telling how many pictures were left to fully upload them all
  • the little cloud icon that was displayed to let me know which ones were already on the cloud and which ones weren’t isn’t displaying as well
  • whenever I go into settings it shows that my sync its off, it doesn’t matter if I turn it on, as soon as I leave the settings screen and go in again it shows off again even though it was turned on just seconds or minutes ago
  • in the account space it doesn’t display that is using my account it stays blank, there’s other setting screen that shows the supposed status and its always stays in status updating.
  • also whatever changes i do on the settings screen they all revert to the previous settings.
  • I’ve verified in the phone syncing settings and it clearly shows that my sync for photos is on, and that I has been “syncing”, also in the google settings standalone app as well shows off like in the google photos app, no matter what I do it goes back off
  • I already reinstalled the app, went back to a previous version that was working before, cleared cache and data, all of this with no avail of success in this matter,

Screenshot_2015-07-22-08-47-46.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-22-08-47-59.jpg
it all started nice and smooth, I have always been kind of away from cloud photo services but this one seemed to be nice so I decided to give it a try and now it just doesn’t work at all and its really frustrating, so all of this been said, is there anything else I could do? Any suggestion?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
well! since no one replied, i went ahead for the last resource i hadn't tried, a factory reset, and it actually fixed it, so if anyone else is facing similar issues, a factory reset will solve it .

Bas Jonkers

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey Orlando,

Weird, I have the EXACT same problem. Tried to look for an answer to this problem but did not find one yet. You say try a factory reset, but I'm not going to do that or I will lose all my data.
I hope there are other ways to solve this issue..

Greets, Bas

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey Orlando,

Weird, I have the EXACT same problem. Tried to look for an answer to this problem but did not find one yet. You say try a factory reset, but I'm not going to do that or I will lose all my data.
I hope there are other ways to solve this issue..

Greets, Bas

i tried everything you saw i posted above, and the one and only solution that fixed it was the factory reset, so good luck finding another solution to this, hope u do!

Bas Jonkers

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Here is the FIX:

1. Go to your apps and look for "Google play services"
  2. click "manage space"
  3. click "clear all data"
  4. restart your phone.

Then go to your photos app and try backing up. It should work. 

Orlan2

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Here is the FIX:

1. Go to your apps and look for "Google play services"
  2. click "manage space"
  3. click "clear all data"
  4. restart your phone.

Then go to your photos app and try backing up. It should work. 

like i stated on my first post i tried that and many other solutions, in the end only the hard reset did it for me, i'm glad to hear it worked out for you.

sharon harvey

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same issue but all settings are on. It has been going for about the same amount of time. I've tried everything and have come to conclude it's a problem on Googles end.

Hector A Chacon

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
"Here is the FIX:

Go to your apps and look for "Google play services"
click "manage space"
click "clear all data"
restart your phone.

Then go to your photos app and try backing up. It should work. "

I have a Galaxy S5 and for some reason my photos were not syncing through GPhotos since Feb 13 even though all my setting were right and tried all tricks... finally, this fix worked for me!!! Thanks

rpscott02

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys!

I've been experiencing some problems with my google photos app, since May 30 it stopped uploading my pictures, this are the following things that have happened and that I have done to try to solve it:

• it stopped telling how many pictures were left to fully upload them all
  • the little cloud icon that was displayed to let me know which ones were already on the cloud and which ones weren’t isn’t displaying as well
  • whenever I go into settings it shows that my sync its off, it doesn’t matter if I turn it on, as soon as I leave the settings screen and go in again it shows off again even though it was turned on just seconds or minutes ago
  • in the account space it doesn’t display that is using my account it stays blank, there’s other setting screen that shows the supposed status and its always stays in status updating.
  • also whatever changes i do on the settings screen they all revert to the previous settings.
  • I’ve verified in the phone syncing settings and it clearly shows that my sync for photos is on, and that I has been “syncing”, also in the google settings standalone app as well shows off like in the google photos app, no matter what I do it goes back off
  • I already reinstalled the app, went back to a previous version that was working before, cleared cache and data, all of this with no avail of success in this matter,

View attachment 188132View attachment 188133
it all started nice and smooth, I have always been kind of away from cloud photo services but this one seemed to be nice so I decided to give it a try and now it just doesn’t work at all and its really frustrating, so all of this been said, is there anything else I could do? Any suggestion?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie