How do I get Chrome to work again on my Razr?

seriouslyconfused

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I uninstalled updates on the Chrome app, then reinstalled on the play store. Now I can't open any websites, and I get the message "Unfortunately, Chrome has stopped" with the options "report" or "ok" underneath the message. I can still do searches, and get results, but the websites won't open if I tap on them, and I can't go directly to any address. Is there any way to fix this?

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Was there any particular reason for uninstalling the updates/re-installing Chrome ? Was it running okay before that ?
Have you checked all your Settings in Chrome.....Cookies and what not ? Have you gone to Apps.....maybe clear the cache, and try again.
I've been running Dev Chrome 45 since it was released....but just tried Chrome 43 and it's working fine.

seriouslyconfused

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I was having issues with downloading files. I read on a googleproduct forum that uninstalling/reinstalling had solved the issue for one poster.

I have cleared the cache, checked settings, even did a hard reboot of my phone and nothing's worked.

Also, I have Chrome 43.

seriouslyconfused

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
So, I installed Chrome Dev and it works fine, and I can browse again. But Chrome 43 still doesn't work at all. But whatever. As long as I have internet access I'm fine. Maybe I'll figure it out one day.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Chrome 43 is your default browser on Android......is it synced with Google/Chrome on a pc ? Have you checked out your Google Account lately.....there's been lots of recent changes....might be worth lookin' at it again.
Do you use an A/V on Android ?