Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: Android Central's R.A.T (Root Apps Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Major View Post
    Thanks for sharing that, one of my friends told me that those apps which access the root are often the major cause of problem and the problem may be unintentionally caused due to software issues. I think you should share the 8th warnings link on the home page somewhere and kindly make it a sticky post. thanks
    Thats not true! Your friend should not be giving advice when he doesnt know what hes talking about.

I develop and use root apps on a daily basis. 90% of trhe time they are better built than any other kind of app, simply because the kind of people who understand android tend to write better code.
    Cellmeister likes this.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI/ tiamat 4.1 w/sbc

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    No, do a nandroid of your stock, rooted system and stick that nandroid on your PC.
    I finally took the plunge and rooted last night. I had an option while in superuser or revolutionary to do a back up (which I did) and which I think I found in a folder named clockwork mod on my sd card and copied that to my PC. Is that the nandroid backup? If not, what is a nandroid backup.

While I am at it .... can Rom manager really do everything right from there to flash say, cyanogen? Anbd when I click "wipe " does it wipe the SD card too? Thanks in advance ......

ROM
    MIUI

Tasker - Too powerful for words. Can automate nearly anything you think of on your phone in nearly any way. Can also automate things you can't think of.

Screen Filter - Dims the screen to however low you want it. Perfect for late at night. Has a Tasker plug-in so you can set it to run at specific times

Keyboard Backlight Controller - Turns hard key backlights on or off. Can be set to run at startup. I really like it because at this point in my phone's life, I know exactly where the keys are, and for some reason do not like the backlight. Especially at night.

Combine all 3 of the above apps, and you just might be able to look at your phone in bed without it killing your eyes

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tazman1963 View Post
    Click to view quoted image

One of the most fun root programs I like to play with (yes I said play with! ) is Boot RANDImations, because you've got over 130 boot animations to choose from, you can even add your own! The beauty of this app is it randomly displays the animations that you have chosen, its real easy to add your own custom sounds or recordings in mp3 format by putting them in the same folder labeled as android_sound.mp3. Its just plain old fun to run this root app.
    Do you have a link to this app? I looked in the market but did not see it.

Autostarts - check\prevent apps loading at startup, app triggers, etc.

Do anybody wanna make money and help me out. But if you do you gotta know what you are doing building a app

ROM
    Cyanogen, Oxygen, rooted

Wink Re: Android Central's R.A.T (Root Apps Thread)

Hi,

here's a couple I use on a regular basis

Total Commander for android http://ghisler.ch/board/viewforum.php?f=22
    a fine alternative to root explorer

LBE Privacy Guard
    https://market.android.com/details?i....security.lite
    It's good to see what my apps are up to and block them if I don't like what they are doing. Now all I need to do is get LBE to report on itself!

Alex

Global Posts
    1,465 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

If your running stock rooted GB and want to take the new upcoming .621 GB update without losing your precious .su capabilities, then this app is for you(as long as the Market says so)....

Voodoo OTA Root Keeper

https://market.android.com/details?i...b3RrZWVwZXIiXQ..

Some folks on the soak update for .621 have confirmed this works when used properly. I just can't find that certain forum at the moment. I am tired. But the rest of this post I assure is accurate lol
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

Sprint has also removed Wireless tether from the Android market.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

Quote Originally Posted by jayman123123 View Post
    Sprint has also removed Wireless tether from the Android market.
    So the only way to get it now is to get it from apbrain?

Anyone know of a good screenshot app? I tried searching for that shoot me app that was posted earlier and I can't seem to find it.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
    Anyone know of a good screenshot app? I tried searching for that shoot me app that was posted earlier and I can't seem to find it.
    I used to use shootme. I can't find it now on the market. I also used Drocap2. Try that one. Or get a nexus and just hold down power and volume down

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tntdroid View Post
    I used to use shootme. I can't find it now on the market. I also used Drocap2. Try that one. Or get a nexus and just hold down power and volume down

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I checked out drocap2 and a lot were complaining about how that when it takes a picture, the "has been granted superuser permissions" notification always shows up in it. I ended up trying it out and got the same result.

Any other suggestions guys?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

i rooted my sprint s3. can someone tell me where i can find a list of available apps. i am also interested in enabling my camera during a call

GMD GestureControl - iPad like gestures, just much more flexible. You can create your own gestures, execute Home, Back, etc, start any application or shortcut. Also has some unique actions like recent applications bar on the bottom, launch pad (docked to border or in center), keyboard switcher, media control, etc.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12