Facebook Notifications are now...

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
working! Finally... Yeah, I know there is a huge Facebook thread but I figured I'd start a new one for a fresh start.

Notifications are now working again for me. Hope it's working for you.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They still seem to be working intermittenly for me. The Facebook application is a complete disgrace in my opinion. I really wish they would make it more like the iPhone app.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
We can wish all we want. The dev really doesn't seem to care much about improving the app. With the way it is now, it seems more Beta than official. I don't understand why he never works on/updates it.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
You still have to hit refresh but for the past two weeks even that was not working spitting back a error. If you check the ratings on the facebook app it's clear everyone was having this issue. It app in general is decent at best. Like most of you agree, it could be much better.

woahboi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
How bout a build the best Facebook app competition. Everyone donate to a fund given to a Dev. who delivers a great Facebook app. What do you all think? Or something like that anyways.....

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
I find the best FaceBork application to be Dolphin Browser pointed at touch.facebook.com - apart from groups and fan pages I have everything I possibly want from that. For FB chat I use eBuddy.

Having an Android Central open source software competition for a new Android Facebook application might be a fun thing to do if AC agree to do it.

Phil.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I find the best FaceBork application to be Dolphin Browser pointed at touch.facebook.com - apart from groups and fan pages I have everything I possibly want from that. For FB chat I use eBuddy.

Having an Android Central open source software competition for a new Android Facebook application might be a fun thing to do if AC agree to do it.

Phil.

I'm not so sure that many people would be interested in this. Never know though.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I do like the BB app better where it converts emails from face book into the notifications. I never realized how many I got and now have to delete

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You will only get notifications for new messages, pokes, friend requests. You will not get new notifications for new comments or replies.

That would explain why I never get notified of new comments.....lol I have SMS Alerts set up for that anyway :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance