Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Thumbs up Facebook Notifications are now...

working! Finally... Yeah, I know there is a huge Facebook thread but I figured I'd start a new one for a fresh start.

Notifications are now working again for me. Hope it's working for you.

Are they "Pop"ing up in your notification bar? Or do you have to hit notifications then "refresh"?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

They still seem to be working intermittenly for me. The Facebook application is a complete disgrace in my opinion. I really wish they would make it more like the iPhone app.

We can wish all we want. The dev really doesn't seem to care much about improving the app. With the way it is now, it seems more Beta than official. I don't understand why he never works on/updates it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

You still have to hit refresh but for the past two weeks even that was not working spitting back a error. If you check the ratings on the facebook app it's clear everyone was having this issue. It app in general is decent at best. Like most of you agree, it could be much better.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Its the simple things that make me happy! glad it will at least refresh again.
    Blackberry Curve ---> OG Droid ---> Samsung Fascinate ---> back to Droid--->Thunderbolt--->Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

How bout a build the best Facebook app competition. Everyone donate to a fund given to a Dev. who delivers a great Facebook app. What do you all think? Or something like that anyways.....

Quote Originally Posted by woahboi View Post
    How bout a build the best Facebook app competition. Everyone donate to a fund given to a Dev. who delivers a great Facebook app. What do you all think? Or something like that anyways.....
    Buy bloo......
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ardoreal View Post
    Buy bloo......
    No better than the stock application IMHO. Sure it has notifications but that's about all it has going for it. But that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    No better than the stock application IMHO. Sure it has notifications but that's about all it has going for it. But that's another thread.
    True 'dat.

Mine still aren't really working tho....
    Google didn't license "Droid" from Lucasarts, which makes the Moto Droid better than Nexus One.......

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Tried Bloo. Good for some features, not so much for others.

I find the best FaceBork application to be Dolphin Browser pointed at touch.facebook.com - apart from groups and fan pages I have everything I possibly want from that. For FB chat I use eBuddy.

Having an Android Central open source software competition for a new Android Facebook application might be a fun thing to do if AC agree to do it.

Phil.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pbrennan42 View Post
    I find the best FaceBork application to be Dolphin Browser pointed at touch.facebook.com - apart from groups and fan pages I have everything I possibly want from that. For FB chat I use eBuddy.

Having an Android Central open source software competition for a new Android Facebook application might be a fun thing to do if AC agree to do it.

Phil.
    I'm not so sure that many people would be interested in this. Never know though.

At the least the Facebook widget seems to be working.

Back when I had my first Droid a few months ago, it never updated.

Default Facebook! !!!!!!!

How do you get Facebook notifications to come up in ur notification bar
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wayne22 View Post
    How do you get Facebook notifications to come up in ur notification bar
    You will only get notifications for new messages, pokes, friend requests. You will not get new notifications for new comments or replies.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Also make sure notifications is enabled in the app settings.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I do like the BB app better where it converts emails from face book into the notifications. I never realized how many I got and now have to delete

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dubge View Post
    I do like the BB app better where it converts emails from face book into the notifications. I never realized how many I got and now have to delete
    I agree with you! I miss my BB facebook app. That was really well done and I miss it.

You will only get notifications for new messages, pokes, friend requests. You will not get new notifications for new comments or replies.
    That would explain why I never get notified of new comments.....lol I have SMS Alerts set up for that anyway
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

I managed to install Bloo on Sprint HTC Hero(Its not published as compatible with my phone). It worked pretty good but never could update my status.

The Facebook app for Android is usable on a base level and is pretty much what the first Facebook app for iPhone was. Is it a good app .. hell no. Is even close to the iPhone's Facebook app .. no way. Will it ever get improved .. most likely but not until they have no choice and Android has more then 3.4% of the smartphone market. Like with any other platform the devs will be pulled into it kicking and screaming because they figure if they have the most used platform covered then **** the rest. This happened when Windows was perceived to have 91% of the market .. most webdevs could care less about Safari/Webkit but now they can't ignore it because OS X is quite popular. To this day Linux STILL has craptastic support in many areas ie. browser plugins, apps such as Photoshop/Quicken and a great many other areas.

I think once Samsung, Motorola and the rest of the handset makers have brought Android up to the 9-15% of the total market range that we'll see improvement but for now apps like Facebook will look like the retarded little brother of the iPhone app. Sad but true.

Default "New" FB app a BUST!

working! Finally... Yeah, I know there is a huge Facebook thread but I figured I'd start a new one for a fresh start.

Notifications are now working again for me. Hope it's working for you.
    As a test, used my friends account to send me a message after I had installed the updated FB (the one I couldn't download before the poke). My email got poked, but my DROID stayed silent.

Oh, well... maybe in 2.1

in milestone (3g droid) its not working when you try to upload a pic...

Bloo is a much better facebook app than the regular "facebook for Android" app IMO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast