Why can't my Android apps access the camera?

rich4j

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Android apps cannot access camera

I have just bought a LG G3 and now none of the apps in the phone can't access camera. I have tried to access camera through Instagram, FB, whatsapp, offerup, Viber etc but can't.
Also, everytime I try to access camera through any of the apps a file is created in Gallery which is 0 bytes and has creation date of 12/31/1969.

I am currently running android version 5.0.1.

Any help will be highly appreciated as this is my first android phone, I am a newly migrated from iOS.

Thanks

P.S. - I checked that all the apps are updated and there is no special app for managing permissions

Last edited:

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android apps cannot access camera

These apps require permission to access camera. So please check if you have some permission management app which maybe disabled this permission.
Second, are you sure these apps are the latest released editions which support Android 5.0?

Just for your reference.

rich4j

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Thomas, I checked that all the apps are lates and updated and there is no special app for managing permissions. It seems that my camera can only by used by Camera and Skype app and no other app

llamalab

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Disable any Device administrator you have enabled, since they can disable the camera.

rich4j

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Thanks everyone, I tried everything mentioned above, nothing worked. I reset the phone to factory settings 3-4 times and it worked. Issue was resolved.