What's app service notification and expiry message

Brown35

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Good day all,

Back in January this year I had a strange message from what's app which was along the lines of "have you updated to what's app version xyz" it was a proper notification tile which when I went into what's app wasn't there...

I have had a similar message from them when it came to my service expiring but that I could click into and pay.

My fear is that this is a virus or malware as I had used torrents (I know)and obviously may have downloaded a virus or two....

And I know that what's app say that they don't message you.

Any help would be appreciated

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Good day all,

Back in January this year I had a strange message from what's app which was along the lines of "have you updated to what's app version xyz" it was a proper notification tile which when I went into what's app wasn't there...

I have had a similar message from them when it came to my service expiring but that I could click into and pay.

My fear is that this is a virus or malware as I had used torrents (I know)and obviously may have downloaded a virus or two....

And I know that what's app say that they don't message you.

Any help would be appreciated

Yeah I wouldn't pay any attention to those pop up messages, those sound like viruses. You can update your service through the whatsapp app itself.

Brown35

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for getting back in touch, would that display the official icon then as I assume it's some form of malware...strangely after just virus scanning the phone it detected a malware threat so I assume it can

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for getting back in touch, would that display the official icon then as I assume it's some form of malware...strangely after just virus scanning the phone it detected a malware threat so I assume it can

Hi and welcome to AC :) yeah it would display the official icon. Best bet would be to perform a factory reset on your device to remove any bugs you might have then install whatsapp fresh and check to see if you need to renew your service.