Slidescreen...

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So it seemed cool on the android central homepage so I downloaded the trial. Just interested in anyone else's opinions/findings about it.

I personally like having the deluge of information all at once. It's nice looking and efficient. So I am a fan. Only gripes I have about it are that it doesn't seem to include facebook yet, doesn't show gtalk messages, and only shows emails (gmails) that are sent to the main gmail account registered to the phone. I wish it could show the emails from all the gmail accounts.

Clicking on emails that I have received just opens the gmail app (to the most recent gmail account that was opened) so that's a little weird since I expect to see the email that I was alerted about rather than a different account.

Otherwise I like this alot and am interested to know what everyone else thinks. I think with some development this could be ridiculous!

honestlyx21

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
i like slidescreen. but its definitely not a home screen REPLACEMENT. i wish we could like integrate it as another page on the home screen.

its very eye catching and visually appealing.
the live feeds from twitter, reader, etc are helpful.

i just wish it were more customizable. i think this has tons of potential in the future. so i definitely suggest you try it out, it wont hurt.

my gripes.
low customization (again)
lack of widgets (though it makes up for it with the integration of its various feeds)
no background (just black)

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
saw it, tried it, not for me. i love being able to easily access all of my apps, and newsrob is a good enough rss reader for my tastes. i can see where this homescreen would be useful to many, just not my cup of tea

itzperch

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I really like it too! I am using it for a few days! I love how it has my twitter/e-mails/SMS all on one screen! Its twitter feed is nice, althought i need to load seesmic to retweet and tweet back.....overall this looks like it is just the first step to something that is going to be REALLY WILD

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the program can be run as an app also, and not as a home screen replacement (just click on its icon in the app list and use your normal home/launcher for the home screen.

on the android platform i think it works better as an app because people have widgets and applications organized in a way that is generally efficient to them. the app would be an excellent replacement to the blackberry OS though.

also, i want them to implement more of the promised features before i put some money down.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried it but I uninstalled it after trying it out for 5 to 10 minutes. Meh. I can see why people will like it, but it seems just a bit too busy for me, actually.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use it as an app not as a home replacement. I use as a rss reader for Android Central as of now but hope they add some more features. I wouldn't pay for it yet.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I like the Google reader feature. That's actually the key reason I use this, to keep track of my RSS feeds. I like the fact that it uses Google Reader too. Because then when I check me feeds on my computer, I don't read the same articles twice.

bigsisson545

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
i may be in the minority, but i like it a lot, mainly because it has almost all the information i always want right there. now i will agree its not quite there yet, and i do agree having it as a full screen widget would be awesome. i think we will have to wait a bit longer to see if its completely a keeper or not. but for the record i hope the develpers take this thread into consideration :p

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
i may be in the minority, but i like it a lot, mainly because it has almost all the information i always want right there. now i will agree its not quite there yet, and i do agree having it as a full screen widget would be awesome. i think we will have to wait a bit longer to see if its completely a keeper or not. but for the record i hope the develpers take this thread into consideration :p

A little more work and it will be really sweet. I just need to be able to customize more things.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Haven't tried it. I have heard (hearsay) that development is slow and that you can't remove things you don't use.

Might try it.

amayes

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
i'm wondering the same thing, i thought about trying it, but the thought of a single home screen doesn't seem that appeasing. hopefully you'll get some good responses from this!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane