Audio Sync and Management

ernbrdn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Lately I have been migrating away from my Ipod Nano to my Evo 4g for my media player. The whole idea of everything in one place just seems so "convenient". I have bought Poweramp, and I love that app, I also use Amazon MP3 to buy music from time to time. On the PC side I use Windows Media Player to sync to my device, not perfect, and not exactly user friendly but once I figured it out it's Easy Peezy.

The question I have is now that I am buying music on my Handset my audio library is becoming out of sync. Is there a program, app, or something that would check my library on my computer and sync back from my phone to my computer if a file is missing?

Thanks.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
doubletwist does this. get the pc version (i'm on a mac, so I can't go into a lot of detail). I know that when I buy music, there is a checkbox on the screen on my mac that says "sync from phone to computer too".

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to use doubleTwist, but the app is somewhat problematic on the Mac. I'm testing out iSyncr and iSyncr Wifi. I should have testing finished by the end of the day.

MacGuyInNC

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've been using iSyncr and the iSyncr Wifi apps. iSyncR works pretty well, in my opinion. Copies everything over just fine, while doubleTwist had the tendency to leave some songs behind.

The wifi add-on also works, but is kinda kludgy. The instructions aren't 100% clear for someone who isn't very tech-savvy. You have to email yourself the link to an installer, download it, install it, find the app and start it up on your PC or Mac, and then make sure it's configured properly (minor steps). After that, everything works just fine and continues to work just fine.

In all, once you get it set up, it all works pretty well, and it beats having to run a separate app to get your Android device to sync up your playlists. So far, so good. Syncing over wifi's a bit slow, but that could also be either my device (HTC Hero) or it could be my MicroSDHC card (Class 2 - I REALLY need to upgrade!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze