Twidroid: PRO vs FREE

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
OK, so since I got my Samsung Moment I've been trying out pretty much every twitter app available. I really like Twidroid but was wondering if there was anyone here that used both the FREE and Pro versions. I did some research online but the most I got was, "paid version has more features" or something to that effect.

I saw a comparison on the Twidroid website but I need something more in-depth. For those that have tried both, is it worth getting the paid version? What are the themes I keep reading about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
You can change the color of the theme from light blue, brown, red, green, black, orange, etc. You can even invert the colors. Havent used the free version in a very long time so I cant tell you the difference.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Really does not get more in-depth than their website honestly. What you see there is what you get or don't get.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have used both. I have the Pro version now. Honestly there is no real difference. I had the Free version for about a month and I've been using the Paid version for about a week, and I haven't done anything with the Pro version that I couldn't do with the Free one. I do notice that the Pro version doesn't scroll through long lists quite as nicely for some reason..

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
I have the PRO version after using the free one for about a month. I like to use the dark colored theme in pro because it's easier to see. Also it seems like text input on the PRO version is much faster but that may also be due to another setting I had changed after initially getting my Hero. It really depends on if you use Twitter enough though.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I have the PRO version after using the free one for about a month. I like to use the dark colored theme in pro because it's easier to see. Also it seems like text input on the PRO version is much faster but that may also be due to another setting I had changed after initially getting my Hero. It really depends on if you use Twitter enough though.

I agree. I love the inverted black.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I noticed there was an update to the free version this week. Has anyone noticed anything special?

The Twidroid site has release notes listed for each update:
10-01-25 / 3.1:
new PRO: save for later (tweet outbox)
new PRO: small widget now in dark skin
new plugin: voice alerts, reads out your notifications incl. sender and time — more infos
new: option to always shorten links, regardless of length
new: autocomplete @names in widget
new: bit.ly now supported in the free version as well
new: retweet and retweet with comments options in tweet menu
new: option to invert text color for notifications in pulldown on dark screens
new: jump to account/position from pulldown
new: support for wordpress https connections
new: open DMs from pulldown
new: char counter in widget for onscreen keyboard (only applies to certain phone models)
fixes of several minor issues

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
On that, I did just notice Twitdroid widgets for the homescreen that only come with the Paid app. That might make it worth it...when I finally have 5 screens.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info everyone!! I do tweet a lot but I only have one account. I think I'm gonna stick with the free version for the time being.