Google Movie Store

Bobrowe78

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to android and still am waiting to purchase an android device, one of the main reasons why I've been waiting is lack of a movie store. With my job I am away from home a lot and use my iPhone to watch movies when I'm bored and stuck in a hotel. I really really want to switch to android because to me android is the future for mobile devices. Hopefully with the release of honeycomb 3.0 for tablets which r perfect for watching movies, they will realease a movie store in a future update. Anyone else want to see a google movie store?

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it happening anytime soon. I see, much much sooner, netflix coming to android (which is 1000 times better then any other online library to date). Netflix has already announced it's making an android app, it will be out within the next year.

Apple's movie store isn't nearly as successful as you think. It's looked at, by a lot of people, as kind of a failure and proof that you can't compete with amazonVOD/netflix. They pay all this money to distributors, and then very few people even watch those iTunes rentals. They have a lot more luck with TV shows, however. Apple TV, the flagship for those movies, is as big of failure as Google TV.

The reason I think google won't bother right away? Because it's not just making a library of all the old ones (which google can do better then anyone with some funding), it's the fact that every week, money needs to be paid to get the new ones too. It's never ending, and the market isn't big enough.

Bobrowe78

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I dont know where u r getting your info from about movies on iTunes is actually really popular. Everybody I know with a iPhone or iPod touch has atleast 1 movie on their device. Most of the people I work with have an android device (because we get discounts through verizon) and almost all of them has asked me how I got movies on my phone and wish they could do it too. As far as netflix, I have it on my iPhone and I do really like it but there selection of movies isn't that good yet when it comes to streaming movies. Not even close to their mail service.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
oh okay, I was going to say - the renting is easily solved with blockbuster app.

I don't understand why you don't just sync your movies through doubletwist. I just did it with a short film I bough on itunes forever ago, and doubletwist converted it no problem, and it's on my phone right now. You can buy whatever you want on itunes, then sync to your phone through doubletwist (non-drm is easiest, so when buying, pay the extra 69 cents and get itunes pluse).

As I said, I just did it in almost no time at all. Get doubletwist on both your phone and your computer. Doubletwist works the exact same as itunes, reads all of your music/movies, and you drag and drop - same as itunes.

uansari1

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist takes a hideously long time on my 2 year old laptop with Core2 Duo.. I mean several hours for a few full length movies, AND the damn phone has to remain connected throughout. It's easier just to use other software to convert the file and drag and drop whenever it's convenient.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Bobrowe78

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I know u can use doubletwist for music but I didn't think it worked for itunes movies. That's what all the articles I've read about says anyways

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I know u can use doubletwist for music but I didn't think it worked for itunes movies. That's what all the articles I've read about says anyways

just type in "doubletwist itunes movies" in google. Plenty of lit for ya. And my phone doesn't need to be connected throughout, and it doesn't take very long for me at all.

But yes, converting yourself using whatever software conversion you prefer (there are hundreds) and then dropping it on your SD card works just as well.

volhater

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have to say i wish Google had an online store like itunes. I know i can use double twist but if i wanted to pay stecve jobs I would have bought an iphone. Besides i do not wish to screw around ripping and saving movies all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma