Question about K-9 Email app

etmarcr

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
When sending a new message using the K-9 Mail app, is there a way to select one from my contact list as the 'To:' address? Unless I missed it somewhere, I don't see that capability & I certainly don't memorize all the email addresses of all my contacts. Having to look them up in another app each time is just way too much trouble!

Thanks for any help.

jalsing

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, can't you just start typing their name and it will auto complete matching names from your contacts with email addresses??

etmarcr

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think to type their names in the 'To:' field. I thought that's where the email address goes. But I did see the alphabet list down the right side of the screen for the contact names, like when displaying the phone's contact list, and when I tapped on the appropriate letter it indicated no entries are available. So, it must not access the phone's contact list.

Guess I'll keep using the original email app.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
When I start typing names, it starts listing people from my contacts. I'm not sure if it can pull from multiple address books, but it seems to be able to fill the drop-down from my Gmail contacts.

I'm trying to remember if there is a setting in K-9 to allow access or not.

etmarcr

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that's why it only listed one contact, because it was looking at the Gmail list? I wanted to choose from my phone's contact list, so that would explain the problem I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz