What is this blank icon? Why won't it go away?

varah

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
what is this blank icon? and why wont it go away?

I just got this ZTE Obsidian at t mobile friday and i've been downloading and deleting apps. There is a bland round icon with no name or anything. I can move it around, can't add it to a folder. I first spotted it a couple days after getting the phone. Should I be concerned?

Reactions: zizu13

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: what is this blank icon? and why wont it go away?

Hi, welcome to the forums! If you long press on that icon, do you see an option to get more information of the original app? Does it open anything? You could try clearing cache for the launcher in settings - apps - all tab and then reboot your phone.

zizu13

Jun 1, 2023
Visit site
what is this blank icon? and why wont it go away?

I just got this ZTE Obsidian at t mobile friday and i've been downloading and deleting apps. There is a bland round icon with no name or anything. I can move it around, can't add it to a folder. I first spotted it a couple days after getting the phone. Should I be concerned?
Hi, I know I know that it was a long time ago; however, did you manage to fix it at that time?
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I believe I updated the eBay app, and the blank round icon was left on my screen with no name underneath. I can move it around but cannot uninstall or check the info about it.
When I press on it, Play opens and says, "Something went wrong try again."

Reactions: SharkiBoom

SharkiBoom

Jun 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I know I know that it was a long time ago; however, did you manage to fix it at that time?
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I believe I updated the eBay app, and the blank round icon was left on my screen with no name underneath. I can move it around but cannot uninstall or check the info about it.
When I press on it, Play opens and says, "Something went wrong try again."
I also just had this issue! It seems to be an issue with Sony Xperias May update for me, I found a short term solution that might work for you also:

Try disabling play store in app settings, then long press on that blank app icon , and it should disappear.​

Then enable play store again in app settings. (I also cleared the storage/cache just in case here)​

However, the icon comes back after the phone restarts it seems, there are other solutions but they result in data loss, I'm going to wait for sony to update again and see if it fixes it! :)
Solution source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-remove-an-empty-app-icon.4591307/

Reactions: zizu13

zizu13

Jun 1, 2023
Visit site
I
I also just had this issue! It seems to be an issue with Sony Xperias May update for me, I found a short term solution that might work for you also:

Try disabling play store in app settings, then long press on that blank app icon , and it should disappear.​

Then enable play store again in app settings. (I also cleared the storage/cache just in case here)​

However, the icon comes back after the phone restarts it seems, there are other solutions but they result in data loss, I'm going to wait for sony to update again and see if it fixes it! :)
Solution source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-to-remove-an-empty-app-icon.4591307/
Its actually Sony Xperia X1 iii LOL thank you for your answer