?Dictionary.com? A must have app to have. (Free) Android Market.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What are you waiting for.... "Word of the Day" plus many many more features. You'll be glad you did.

snap20110219_075555.png

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I looked the widget, but was getting repeated force close messages over and over on my EVO. I saw in market comments that several people had the same problem.

I regretfully removed the Dictionary app and the force close stopped.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the widget, but was getting repeated force close messages over and over on my EVO. I saw in market comments that several people had the same problem.

I've had this app ever since - Can't recall getting any force stops pertaining to this app. The force stop error seem to be a HTC sense glitch - and I haven't had it since I reset my device.

I'm using this app without any problems - however, if I happen to run into such issue - then I will see if it's caused by this app. For now it's running flawlessly on my EVO.

*Note*
What you could do is reinstall, or uninstall/reinstall the app if you have it installed on your phone to see if you're getting, or still getting any force close error.

techspark

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I use to love this app on my iphone...but sad that the android version needs internet access...unless the dev release an offline ver I'm not gonna use it...there are better options available in d market like fora,acrus and they simply work flawlessly...and what I love abt them are the diff packages that u can use with them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I looked the widget, but was getting repeated force close messages over and over on my EVO. I saw in market comments that several people had the same problem.

I use this program fairly often and have no issues regarding forced closing. However I don't use widgets on my phone. I just open it when I need it. Perhaps you could try it without the widget and see if that works for you.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually loved the app, not looked it! (thanks, SWYPE!). But I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice after different updates. May be an HTC Sense thing as suggested. Too bad, I enjoyed the word of the day on the widget.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I actually loved the app, not looked it! (thanks, SWYPE!). But I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice after different updates. May be an HTC Sense thing as suggested. Too bad, I enjoyed the word of the day on the widget.
So you're saying that it doesn't work for you?

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Rush, the dictionary.com app worked, but I kept getting force close notifications attributed to the app. I found these disturbing, so chose to remove the app from my EVO. Based on comments from others here, it sounds possible that my problems are due to a peculiarity of HTC Sense, not sure.

I liked the dictionary.com app itself just fine, it worked well except got the force close issue.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Almost forgot, it is possible it is an issue with the widget, rather than the app. The widget was the main value in the app for me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22