Best all around Android Browser?

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So I was wondering what is the best all around web browser, All around I mean which has the best user experiences, which is slow and fast and can you customize the broswer?
I've grown a lil bit tired of the stock browser. Thank you.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still happy with the stock browser myself, but you can check the Members Favorites link in my signature and there is some more info on other browsers that android users like.

Reactions: calz

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I usually use the stock browser. The other browser I use at times is Skyfire. It makes it easy to switch from desktop/mobile views. It is good for video stuff (I use it for videos on ESPN and live games on ESPN3). It seems to work better for those things than the stock browser. There are also a lot of customization. If you are into facebook, there is a lot of optional facebook integration as well.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin HD is cool, I wouldn't say it's slow, but I think the UI gets a little clunky. I like my browsers light and quick - Miren Browser is my favorite. I like the speed dial homescreen, the top sites, the RSS feed, and the fact that it's incredibly light and fast.

Check it out!

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I tried out Dolphin HD and yeah the UI is a bit too cramped for me. Thanks for suggesting though. Skyfire was okay not for me though. Miren browser works like a charm for me thanks for helping me out but of course I am still going to use stock browser sometimes.

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin Mini works great for me. The speed dials are really nice and overall the browser itself is pretty user friendly IMO and doesn't lag at all on my gen. 1 moto droid.

deercreek

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock browser, but lately some articles on stltoday.com have caused it to crash. I hope to eventually be able to move to Firefox.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Firefox is horrible right now. They've got a long way to go before it is a good fit for Android. Skyfire is great for online videos that require flash. Even if your phone doesn't support flash it will play through Skyfire. Other than that I've tried them all and given them more than their fair chance, but I still keep coming back to and use the stock browser 99% of the time.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Firefox is horrible right now. They've got a long way to go before it is a good fit for Android. Skyfire is great for online videos that require flash. Even if your phone doesn't support flash it will play through Skyfire. Other than that I've tried them all and given them more than their fair chance, but I still keep coming back to and use the stock browser 99% of the time.

Firefox is actually fantastic on devices it supports, it doesn't supports all android devices.

Firefox's seamless sync with desktop version is really fabulous, it is also much faster than stock browser, responsive, can remember multiple passwords, remember form fills. Awesome screen is also extremely awesome.

Only problem is it won't do flash for next 6 months at least.

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 to this

Dolphin HD is cool, I wouldn't say it's slow, but I think the UI gets a little clunky. I like my browsers light and quick - Miren Browser is my favorite. I like the speed dial homescreen, the top sites, the RSS feed, and the fact that it's incredibly light and fast.

Check it out!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've always used XScope. I remember reading somewhere that it won some page loading speed test so I got it and have never needed to use anything else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan