Need App to Show Off House

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I need a webcam/camera/phone app that I can use to show off rooms in my house while talking to someone over my (rooted) phone. All recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I need a webcam/camera/phone app that I can use to show off rooms in my house while talking to someone over my (rooted) phone. All recommendations appreciated. Thanks.
There are many home security cameras that can be setup and have app features to allow you to view the cameras remotely. Nest camera is one such company that makes cameras that can be mounted just about anywhere.

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply srkmagnus. I was looking for a software solution that allowed me to use my current phone to tour my house. I'd prefer a more portable camera solution. I'll take your recommendation into consideration if there isn't a more suitable solution.

Sherri64

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
If you are using the phone and giving someone a "virtual tour" of the rooms, why not try a Skype type (or Skype) of application? When my youngest daughter and my nephew both left for different colleges this past August, on the Jewish New Year we "skyped" them both from my tablet, and they each showed all of us their respective dorm rooms, common areas, etc...

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Sherri64. That sounds just like what I was looking for so I'll look into using mobile Skype as my demo tool. I always thought of Skype as a desktop app.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Sherri64. That sounds just like what I was looking for so I'll look into using mobile Skype as my demo tool. I always thought of Skype as a desktop app.

Sorry about that. I misunderstood way exactly you were looking for. Skype is great. But I'd also suggest looking into other mobile apps (Hangouts) so that you can use what your clients prefer rather than have them use a service they may have to sign up for.

mel2000

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I just took a look at Hangouts and it also looks like it can do what I want. Thanks for the extra recommendation srkmagnus. I think between hangouts and Skype I should have everyone covered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463