What does the app label do?

ameliadieheart

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
app label Samsung Galaxy

Tried asking without an account and couldn't find the question.

Anyway, I just got a brand new S6 Active, and I installed Lookout, CM Cleaner and Avast!.

Doing some cleanup, and CM says that I can choose to disable an app labeled Samsung Galaxy. I already disabled and force stopped the Samsung Account app because I don't have a Samsung account and find no other use for it. However, I'm not sure about this "Samsung Galaxy" app... what does it do? Is it useful at all/should I keep it? Would it be safe to disable and/or force stop it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's always safe to disable an app, because you can always go back to the App Manager and re-enable it if things start acting funny.

As an aside, I'd recommend avoiding Clean Master. The functions it promotes (like "cleaning RAM" by killing apps) tend to be counterproductive, because that's not how Android is designed. Other functions like disabling apps can be done from the system itself. Cheetah Mobile's apps also tend to be associated with somewhat shady behavior (like adware), so you'll find that many people on this forum avoid them like the plague.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995