Podcast app question from an EVO newbie

arc918#AC

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Not sure if this is possible. I like to download my podcasts (Adam Carolla, etc.) rather than stream. Two main reasons, I have crappy cell coverage and I start and stop my podcast throughout the day.

I'm currently using .podkast, which works pretty well.

So here's the question.

When I'm listening to a downloaded postcast, is there a way to have it remember where I was (timewise in the podcast)? When I download from itunes to my nano, it remembers where I am when I stop and go to another podcast or song.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using podkast for that reason. I couldn't figure out a way to get the podcast to play from where I left off before. I have since started to use Google Listen. I really like it. Once you start listening to a podcast, it will just automatically download the whole thing. When you stop listening and come back to the podcast, it will just pick up right where you left off. Even if you start listening to a different podcast, when you come back to the first one it will pick up where you left off.

mustangboy88

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think he is looking for a "free" alternative, in which google listen would be a good choice. An easy way to get your feeds onto you phone after installing the app is "chrome to phone." Go to the podcast link page and send that to the phone and it will ask you what to open the link with and check the "Listen" app, then hit subscribe. Doggcatcher is a great app, but it will cost you. I would check out Listen first, and if it doesn't work out, consider paying for an app.

arc918#AC

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just figure out that .podkast will hold the place of the podcast you are on when you close it. It gives you and option when you shut down of returning back to the same place. I'm not sure I can start and stop multiple podcasts and have it remember where I was, but this is good enough for now.

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I like beyondpod. They have a free version that works really well and remembers your spot.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084