How to use the shortcut/activity gesture in Nova Launcher? Anyone w/ coding knowledge?

atomicpower

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
For anyone who uses the shortcut/activity part of Nova Launcher, how do I link an action to "create a contact"? I want to jump straight into this part of the app when I swipe the contacts icon. I found the right "label" for 'create an event' for the calendar icon, but the "labels" for all the actions in the contacts app are confusing. What I mean by "labels" are things like '.activities.*********' and 'com.samsung.*******', so even if you don't use Nova Launcher, can anyone tell me what 'create a contact' would be in coding language? Sorry if this is confusing....I'm just so unfamiliar with this topic that I'm having trouble just explaining it.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should provide a screenshot(s) because I can't follow what you're saying. Plus, I'm a visual person. You might have better luck with my advice.

atomicpower

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully the photos show up. I didnt post all the options under the contacts app but hopefully, people will get a better understanding of what im trying to do.....and hopefully someone can tell me which option to pick w/out seeing it on the list cuz i really dont wanna post all the options.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I was wondering what activities did. I think I replicated your issue. Try this.
So, apparently when assigning a swipe up gesture , it did it for Every icon, not just the phone. I don't think you can choose a specific app. You may need to contact the Developer since he/she created this app. That person would have better knowledge.

Attachments

• 1453354068289.jpg
    1453354068289.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13

atomicpower

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Calicocat, thanks for checking and trying to replicate the situation. I know u can do it for individual icons cuz i set up my calendar icon to jump straight into creating a new event if i swipe the icon...whereas if i just click the icon, it goes into the calendar view. You can set swipe for individual icons by long pressing the icon (for nova launcher, not sure if/how others do it). I emailed the dev the other day, but i have a feeling that "create a contact" isnt compartmentalized in its own file/command or whatever...again, my apologies if that doesnt make any sense. I am terrible at explaining things. No big deal though, i rarely create new contacts anyways...just thought it would be cool to set it up like that.

sll1313

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever figure out how to do this? I had it set up for an LG phone and it worked perfectly, but I just tried to set it up on the Note 8 and it's not working. The one I thought it was keeps coming back with "Permission Denied". I hope you found an answer. Please let me know. Thanks a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae