F-stop Media Gallery

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
hey, I got the pro features as a gift from F Stop Media Gallery so that's cool, thanks.

I have used the gallery app on my note 5 as well as quickpic and the f-stop app has a lot more features. Overall this is a highly customizable app for those who like to use folders. It does have some glitches, but once fixed, I believe that this would be my go to gallery app. I am just mentioning a few things that I like and dislike about it here, the list can be seen below

Pro
-in full photo view, you have an option to view a thumb nail list of other photos at the bottom
-option to bookmark folders is handy
-when scrolling through photos, it will show you when the photos were taken
-if you use location tag, you can see all photos taken at a specific location
-you can search for partial file names

Con
-In nested mode, it shows all folders, not just ones with photos. If the first nested level doesn't have any photos then you won't see any thumbnails in the root directory view
-cannot add custom tags
-set custom view doesn't work in the folder overview page
-searching by camera name doesn't work for me (I tried it on my Verizon note 5, which is referenced as the sm-n920v)
-videos read as unknown date

/// KEY FEATURES
• Fully optimized for Android 5.0 (Lollipop) including material design
• Instantly search through all your photos to find results based on filename and metadata such as tags and camera model
• Browse your media on a map with an integrated Google maps experience
• Save tags (keywords) and ratings[1] in XMP format so they stay with the image and can be read by popular programs such as Lightroom, Picasa, Aperture, Windows Live Photo Gallery, digiKam and many more
• Read metadata directly from your images (EXIF, XMP, IPTC)
• Custom sort images using drag and drop[1]
• Choose one of the many themes to make F-Stop look the way you want
• Nested folders[1] let you browse your media using the folder structure instead of the typical flat view
• Access your favorite tag, folder or album with Quick Links
• Select a couple rules and let Smart Albums update automatically based on them
• Exclude folders easily to get rid of album art showing up in your gallery
• Play animated GIFs
• Share and/or edit with popular apps like Snapseed, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more!
• Hide images and videos from other apps with password protection
• Slideshow mode with popular transition types

☆ Support for file types[2]: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, WEBP, WEBM, MP4, 3GP, AVI, MKV, MTS, WMV, FLV, MPG, MPEG, TS, MOV, M4V and M2TS

[1]These features can be unlocked in the PRO version.
[2]F-Stop will scan for these file types but viewing is dependent on device support.

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello, this is Jason with F-Stop Media Gallery. Thanks for taking the time to try us out!

You can create custom tags (with no limits) by using the search feature at the top of the tag dialog. We are going to make this much clearer on our next update. I can see how you missed it.

As for the unknown date for videos, I am guessing you are sorting by "Date taken" which isn't a property of video files. Please sort by "Date taken, modified" as that will attempt to sort by date taken and then date modified if date taken isn't found.

I'd like to investigate your issue with not being able to find your camera model as well. Can you please send me the image to our support (which I can't post because I don't have enough points)?

Thanks again for using F-Stop. Let us know if we can be of any help or if you have any further suggestions or comments.

Regards,
Jason Seelye

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Reviving this thread out of some frustration. First, I know the App is powerful, and I appreciate that. But it can be very user unfriendly at times, and my wife's experience is an example. Scenario:
- open App and remember that bbq last night, so you create a new folder called BBQ
- browse through photos, select a bunch for the new folder called BBQ
- photos are selected, so you tap "move" and try to navigate your way to "BBQ"
- that folder you created? No where to be found. At least not for the average user.

The App wants you to create the new folder AFTER you select photos to move. It's a different logic but not one that makes sense to my wife who is an average user that doesn't want to dig deep into settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae