Cortana with Marshamallow

thetruth1960

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried Cortana with Marshmallow yet?
The problem I seem to be having is that Cortana will not announce reminders if the phone is Doze mode.
I'm new to Android, I just started it using as my daily driver last week. I didn't have Cortana before Marshmallow so I don't know if this is new behavior. But I'm assuming the problem is with Doze.
I know that I can make Cortana not be managed but of course that's not the point.

BTW, I have a Moto X Pure.
I work from home so I'm at my computer most of the time. My phone is in Doze mode a lot. My battery is lasting a heck of a long time. I last charged it Tuesday at 8:00PM and it is now Friday at 7:38AM and I still have 42% left. So I think overall Doze mode works for casual users as me. Of course, I know once I'm out and about the whole day, the battery is not going to last that long.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried Cortana with Marshmallow yet?
The problem I seem to be having is that Cortana will not announce reminders if the phone is Doze mode.
I'm new to Android, I just started it using as my daily driver last week. I didn't have Cortana before Marshmallow so I don't know if this is new behavior. But I'm assuming the problem is with Doze.
I know that I can make Cortana not be managed but of course that's not the point.

BTW, I have a Moto X Pure.
I work from home so I'm at my computer most of the time. My phone is in Doze mode a lot. My battery is lasting a heck of a long time. I last charged it Tuesday at 8:00PM and it is now Friday at 7:38AM and I still have 42% left. So I think overall Doze mode works for casual users as me. Of course, I know once I'm out and about the whole day, the battery is not going to last that long.

I would just remove the app from the Doze mode. It shouldn't really affect your battery very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34