What does the new Google Play Music podcasts look like?

bndn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The podcast release is really an enigma to me. Both my and my wife's play music apps have updated, but yet she has the section for podcasts while I do not. The real kick in the groin for me is that she is on a family plan subscription that I added her to from my account. We both use Cricket and (kinda obviously) live together. I have no idea what the criteria is for having that feature unlocked... Also, I am on a One Plus One with Oxygen OS 2 and she has an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.

mlemos89

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You and me share almost the exact same problem, me and my Fiancée both got the update, both have change logs talking about the podcasts on Google Play Store, yet she has it and I do not. We are on AT&T. She is on my family subscription as well. The only difference is that she has the GS7 flat and I have the GS7 edge. The worst part is that I want it, while she doesn't care lol
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and all that did was delete my music saved to my SD card, so now I'm just frustrated.

Posted via the Android Central App

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Some thoughts after using Play Music to listen to podcasts for a day instead of Player FM. The phrase that comes to mind is, "Minimum viable product." Some podcasts are there, but not every podcast I listen to. Player FM at least has the ability to import feeds from iTunes. I guess Google wants their market position to drive podcast makers to submit feeds directly to them.

The day didn't end, but I went back to Player FM. First, I wanted access to the bunches of podcasts I listen to that aren't on Play Music. Second, the consolidated listening queue that Player FM has is a killer feature. I can browse my subscriptions, add bunches of episodes to the queue, then re-arrange the listening order in that queue. Play Music is limited to listening to one podcast at a time, either oldest to newest or vice versa. The queue is too killer for me to give up.

Posted via the Android Central App