Does Airwatch consider the Nexus 5x a traditional passcode that must change periodically?

J Blackwelder

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Airwatch Agent keeps popping up saying that my IT admin requires a passcode. I have a valid passcode. I wonder if the underlying Nexus imprint implementation makes your fingerprint like a password and Airwatch regularly requires a password change. The normal company phone uses Samsung Knox, which does not have this problem. After talking to my company IT, I'm convinced I know more than they do. Please help.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Airwatch Agent keeps popping up saying that my IT admin requires a passcode. I have a valid passcode. I wonder if the underlying Nexus imprint implementation makes your fingerprint like a password and Airwatch regularly requires a password change. The normal company phone uses Samsung Knox, which does not have this problem. After talking to my company IT, I'm convinced I know more than they do. Please help.

Check to see if your device is set to require PIN on startup.

Settings > Security > Screen Lock > PIN > Require pin to start device

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

J Blackwelder

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I do have a passcode. My IT says I am 100% compliant and that I should not have these errors. Unfortunately they live in India and do not have a marshmallow nexus device to reproduce. I think that the nexus imprint is somehow acting like a passcode and require to change?

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I do have a passcode. My IT says I am 100% compliant and that I should not have these errors. Unfortunately they live in India and do not have a marshmallow nexus device to reproduce. I think that the nexus imprint is somehow acting like a passcode and require to change?

Posted via the Android Central App

I understand you have a PIN.

However, there is a setting specifically for startup I mention in my initial reply. Is that enabled?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition