Copy calendar events using Google Calendar Android?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Copy calendar events using Google Calendar Android

Has anyone found a workaround to copying events in the Google Android Calendar? I know there are other calendars that can do this but overall I prefer the Google Calendar. When I make an appointment on my personal calendar I like to copy it to my work calendar so I don't get meetings scheduled at that time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Copy calendar events using Google Calendar Android

I've been hoping Google adds this feature to Calendar on any platform, but it just seems like they never will. I'd be interested as well to see if anyone has any ideas.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Even the desktop version only works with Google Calendar events as it doesn't show Exchange events. But at least you can copy Google Calendar events to Google Calendar events on the desktop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But at least you can copy Google Calendar events to Google Calendar events on the desktop.

How do you do that? On my Chromebook, I can only find an option to copy an event from one of my non-primary calendars to my primary calendar. But what I want to do is select an event, then paste it in multiple days in any of my calendars, not just my primary calendar.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you do that? On my Chromebook, I can only find an option to copy an event from one of my non-primary calendars to my primary calendar. But what I want to do is select an event, then paste it in multiple days in any of my calendars, not just my primary calendar.
Maybe I didn't explain correctly. When I said "copy Google Calendar events to Google Calendar" I meant to the same calendar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That would be helpful for me as well. Looking deeper, I can see that if I go to the Edit screen for an event on desktop Google Calendar, there are options to Duplicate the event, or copy it to any of my calendars, so I guess the function is there. But what I keep hoping for is an easy way to grab an event in the month view and drag it to other days in order to create duplicates quickly. I haven't found a way to do that.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
That would be helpful for me as well. Looking deeper, I can see that if I go to the Edit screen for an event on desktop Google Calendar, there are options to Duplicate the event, or copy it to any of my calendars, so I guess the function is there. But what I keep hoping for is an easy way to grab an event in the month view and drag it to other days in order to create duplicates quickly. I haven't found a way to do that.
Hold Cntrl Key and just drag where you want the event. It will copy instead of move assuming you're using Windows.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No go on the Chromebook, but will see how that works on my Windows desktop later. Thanks for the tip!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I haven't tried on my Chromebook yet. I'll have to check it when I get a chance.

Posted via the Android Central App

michaelp68

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I know you said that you do not want to use a different calendar app, but maybe you should reconsider. I use Business Calendar on my phone. It pulls in my Google calendars. It also very easily allows for copying an event in Google calendar into a different Google calendar. Maybe reconsider and check it out?

farberds

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just figured this out today. From a windows PC using the web browser to view your google calendar, Go to the event you want to copy. Select edit event. Then Select "more actions" in a drop down menu. Select duplicate event, and then place the copied event wherever you want (I just needed to put in a different date). This kept my original event, and made a new one where I wanted it to go.
Hope this helps.
Dan :)

Bag of Leaves

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Excuse me if I am not understanding what you mean, but if you turn on all your calendars to view in the app/use the "all" tab (depending on what app you're using), you can see that your work calendar has an appointment so that you won't schedule one in your personal or any other calendar. It will also tell/show you if any events overlap. I have a bunch of different calendars to categorize the types of events, including personal, business, my dog (vet and grooming), medical, etc. and each has its own color so I can easily tell what's what. I have them all on so I can see every event from every calendar. If you really want duplicate events, I guess you could invite yourself to them and put the invites on the other calendar?