Google Play Music alternative: DoubleTwist Cloud Player.

TexMexDroid

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
For those of you who may be looking for a more open alternative to Google Play Music, we created doubleTwist CloudPlayer, an advanced cloud music player that can download or stream from Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive. For those of you who are not familiar with CloudPlayer, it also supports lossless (FLAC/ALAC), Chromecast, AirPlay, tag/artwork editing and features a 10-band EQ.

We just pushed an update with a new theme engine and a dark/night theme on the Play Store. I'm the co-founder so if you give it a try, let me know what you think. CloudPlayer comes with a free 30 day trial and I'm giving away 10 promo codes for the premium version on a first come, first served basis if you participate in this thread. Looking forward to your feedback!

Merged forums.png

Happy listening!

Last edited:

TexMexDroid

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to give this a try. Sounds like it could be awesome. Does it work with Sonos?

Posted via the Android Central App

CloudPlayer does not currently work with Sonos, but works with Chromecast and AirPlay-compatible speakers. We may add basic support for Sonos in the coming months, although I doubt we'll get to it before this summer as we have a ton of other features on the way.

Erik Read

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Just got my Note 7 (coming from iPhone 6S+) and was looking into music apps that play from OneDrive like CloudBeats Pro on iOS. Found this app and tried it. Looked promising at first but ran into a few snags. First time it stopped importing at about 12000 songs (I have ~65,000). Could not get it to start importing again so I reinstalled it. Got to 20,000 before it again stopped. Also, it appears it was the culprit in my battery drain issues (even when it wasn't importing).

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to buy the app if you want ad-free version.
0ae356eb52c3b8f03404d661f5443760.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power