Trial of a patented tracking software product

nmohi

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone:

We are trying to expand a group of users to test a rather unique and patented wireless software product. The technology is called Cearch and is designed to help friends and family track and locate one another - be it for peace of mind, connecting around the town, or God forbid, a potential serious situation where you need to locate a loved one. The application's patented features really differentiate Cearch from any other tracking technology. The initial version of Cearch is due to be released on the Google Android platform over the next few weeks. Before and during the release, the trial group will help us evaluate the various features of the technology and ways to improve them. The trial group needs to have friends or family with other Android handsets V1.6 or later.

Overall, the application is very use-friendly and safe. The user can assign who can find them and under what conditions, so there will not be any unauthorized tracking.

The requirements are:

- Users must be in groups...the application is about finding people so there needs to be at least two or more per group, be it friends, family, colleagues, etc...

- Users must have Google Android handsets with version 1.6 or above with unlimited text plans. While most Android handsets will be upgraded in the next few months, the only compatible handsets right now are:
T-Mobile: G1, and Mytouch by HTC.... Google Nexus One.
Verizon: Droid by Motorola

- Ideally reside in the New York area (NYC and vicinity).

In appreciation, the users will be allowed to keep the software for personal use, free of charge.

If interested, please respond back with appropriate contact information such as email so that we can follow up accordingly.

Thank you,

nmohi

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry...was not aware. Given that the software is hardware/firmware dependent, I decided to post it in each of the 4 applicable devices. Happy to comply as you see best...

nmohi

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Response about the Latitude comparison

With respect, all tracking related technologies today satisfy more of a social networking or at best a peace of mind need..i.e. where is the approximate location of a friend so that I may consider to call him/her so that we could connect. Our technology Cearch goes to the next level by accurately guiding a user to actually find the contact of interest...ex. I want to know where my daughter is at this moment. Cearch will provide the customary map guidance, be it with real-time positions, but if I now want to find, Cearch has a patented Arrow guidance which points to my target relative to my heading while providing accurate distances to target. This capability removes any ambiguity of using maps, is the only way to find people in open terrain like parks and similar facilities, and you no longer need to be familiar with the area in question to find someone. Future version of Cearch will also employ some of our other patented techniques that can actually improve the distance accuracy to as good as 1-meter consistently, better than industry standards...in short, Cearch has some significant science behind it as opposed to just being a cool app.

One final note, Latitude does not even use GPS. It relies on the secondary location technologies for the positions so system errors could be hundreds of meters...fine for social networking but inadequate for rendezvous capabilities.

Sorry about the long response : )

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
One final note, Latitude does not even use GPS. It relies on the secondary location technologies for the positions so system errors could be hundreds of meters...fine for social networking but inadequate for rendezvous capabilities.

Not trying to be an @$$, but...

If I am using latitude on my laptop, then yes, its WAY off. Shows my position with the big blue circle. Guess it is using my IP address or something to locate me.

But, when I have latitude running on my cell phone, it shows EXACTLY where I am. OK, not exactly, according to it I am at my next door neighbors house.

I am looking at my wife's phone, with latitude running on both our phones. It shows both of us right here.

If her phone were somewhere else, I could use latitude to find her, even without using street names (like in a park).
Latitude offers a digital compass (menu, more, labs, compass arrow) So, I can see where her little dot is blinking, and use the compass in latitude to walk in that direction.

There are also countless apps like this out there already. (Check androidlib, not all of them are on the market). A few examples: Where Are You?, Trackut, iTrack.

Latitude (Google maps) also offers a "Distance & Heading" option. (again, menu, more, labs, Distance & Heading)
According to Google, this is what that option does.
"Shows distance and compass heading on places and friends"

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I think the difference between a mediocre location app and a jaw-dropping location based app is the oft-overlooked setting of using either "use wireless networks" or "use GPS satellites".

I agree with the developer, the accuracy of "maps" sucks -- IF and I stress IF the person you are finding or the navigation / direction method you're using is wireless network based- all that does is use cell tower triangulation and is sometimes off by miles.

So, in short - any location based app is only as good as the phone or GPS signal. I have had ZERO problems finding friends or anything or getting specifiac, detailed directions to anything or anybody that wanted to be found (that is had their phone in GPS satellite mode) .

I'm just not understanding what this particular app does that is different than Maps. Again, please understand... I'm not trying to knock it or rain on your parade. The fault is mine for clearly not understanding what the app does. I just don't see it as anything "patent" worthy. I could patent my poop for that matter - doesn't mean anyone wants or needs it (not trying to be insulting, just making a point).