Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Applications I am growing impatient for:

1. FLAN (Don't even think it will be that big of an improvement, but any step in the right direction can't come soon enough!)

2. SLINGBOX (Come on, if my Palm Treo 700p had a Slingbox app two years ago, and Iphone also already has it, why isn't an Android App here already?)

3. KINOMA (Again with the Palm Treo comparisons, but lets face it, Android OS is way behind the times when it comes to streaming media.)

4. FLASH (Android is also way behind the curve with graphics and games. Maybe Flash will help a little?)

Ok, I could go on and on with this list, but I don't want to hog all the fun. What are YOU growing impatient for?
    Thanked by:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Stone View Post
    1. FLAN (Don't even think it will be that big of an improvement, but any step in the right direction can't come soon enough!)

2. SLINGBOX (Come on, if my Palm Treo 700p had a Slingbox app two years ago, and Iphone also already has it, why isn't an Android App here already?)

3. KINOMA (Again with the Palm Treo comparisons, but lets face it, Android OS is way behind the times when it comes to streaming media.)

4. FLASH (Android is also way behind the curve with graphics and games. Maybe Flash will help a little?)

Ok, I could go on and on with this list, but I don't want to hog all the fun. What are YOU growing impatient for?
    I think I can top that. Keep in mind, I think I can so it isn't certain. I am growing impatient for my contract to be up so I can get the Droid!! LOL

I saw the title and guessed 3/4 of them...hahaha. you and me (and everyone on this forum) both.

I'd add offloading apps to the SD card to this list.

Yes, flash tops this list for me.. also id like to have more than 3 screens available and still be glitch free.. 3rd party apps slow me way down and 2.1 launcher is cool but is also super buggy on the droid..
    Droid---[ROM] Bugless Beast V1.0, Nextheme, Bekit 800mhz kernel!
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance!

GAMES and 2.1 like everyone else :P

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts

No Slingbox app...
    There are others but is the industry not taking the Android OS seriously enough?
    They seem to have the wait and see attitude.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Soti Pocket Controller

eWallet

WorldCard

Quicken

There are currently NO viable alternatives to the above.

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

SD card program loading and running.

Seamless sync with Outlook calendar, contacts and notes.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Let's try to keep this thread specific to applications that currently exist but are not supported on Android or do not have Android versions; not a wish list of features. There are other threads for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    eWallet

LastPass is a VERY viable alternative to eWallet, IMHO. It even has an integrated browser so it can automatically log you into sites with stored credentials.

My list starts with MLB@Bat. I hope that they are working on something Android for this season.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    LastPass is a VERY viable alternative to eWallet, IMHO. It even has an integrated browser so it can automatically log you into sites with stored credentials.
    From what I can tell, they are both password managers, but the similarity ends there. What I really want is for the developer of eWallet - Illumsoft to stop denying the relevance of Android and make write an app already

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts

Agendus and YourCall. I'm trying out CRMDroid which is somewhat similar but I've had Agendus for 7 years! C'mon Iambic!

They are coming out with a MLB@Bat app for Android for this season. It will have the audio, but I do not think it will have the streaming video (even though I am hopeful).

My most wanted apps are:

Slingplayer
    ESPN Radio
    World Cup 2010
    Grocery Gadget
    Blockbuster
    and a decent version of Facebook

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    No Slingbox app...
    There are others but is the industry not taking the Android OS seriously enough?
    They seem to have the wait and see attitude.
    No they really are not taking it seriously. Right now my carrier isn't even sure if they will continue to update android handsets beyond what ever OS level they ship with, carriers just do not want to be software developers and testers with so many hardware differences, handset makers and carriers all in the act of deciding to support and update OS levels, it is quite a gamble for a serious dev to commit time money and resources to such a fragmented OS.

Not to mention, the small size that devs have to work with in the OS, really hinders a lot of nice apps, especially games.

This one is really the only app that i am waiting for and i seriously dont understand why we dont have it already... Not for everyone.. BUT...

The Engadget app. Im a big Tech News fan... Engadget had a simultaneous release of the app for the iPhone and the Pre. And BB has it too... Surely Android can support something like this??

What about Skype. I know its already in the Android market but currently its a bag of hurt.

I'd still like ESPN Scorecenter. I've found an alternative scoreboard app, but I prefer Scorecenter on my iPod Touch to anything I've found for Android so far.

ROM
    Stock

I like the MLB idea. However, I'd be highly pissed if they do what they did last year, create a webapp that costs $15 and the iPhone app $10, especially when the iPhone app was better. I had it on my touch, and could watch the games (I also payed for on-line streaming).

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.2 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    Soti Pocket Controller

eWallet

WorldCard

Quicken

Have you tried SplashID? I used to use eWallet and SplashID is very similar.

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts
    ROM
    Miui 1.1.7.0,

I'd love an ESPN app- I'm sure it'd beat sportstap.
    Also, there's a scrabble like game for Iphone which is sick. I'd love to see that get ported
    Wolfenstein 3D as well!
    gtalk: Sethjk

flash and SIRI
    also some more 3d physics games like the ones you find on xbox live arcade

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Aps I Miss

Audible Air: Ability to download and play audible books from my audible account.

Worldmate Live: Travel software.

Global Posts
    922 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10 Nightly

Blizzard battle.net authenticator. Sure, its only for WoW right now, but the iPhone has it for free and lots of other phones have it for $.99

I would really like to get rid of carrying around a key fob for it when I goto my parents.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
    Have you tried SplashID? I used to use eWallet and SplashID is very similar.
    Yes, I did settle on SplashID. It was exhausting since I had to spend hours transferring all of my old eWallet data into SplashID (the import tool didn't work to my satisfaction), but now that I'm done getting all my data in there, I do really like SplashID. The sync functionality is over the top amazing. I can't see myself going back to eWallet at this point, although I do like their desktop client better. So, thanks for pointing that out.

Pocket Tunes, Handyshopper, Bike or Die
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast