DoubleTwist

Wiseguy158

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone use it w/ the Hero, or in general? What do you think of this program for loading music/pics/movies to the hero? Worth using? Can you use it to sync Outlook as well, or just media?

lawilson2

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
DoubleTwist was painfully, painfully slow to sync my media on my Windows 7 machine. Now, I do have a Windows Home Server where my media resides, so that may be a cause; perhaps DT isn't optimized for server access (they should be; more and more people are getting servers).

So I decided to just use Windows Media Player. Recognizes fine, just not playlists.

spilger126

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
i have osx snow leopard. doubletwist worked great, but if it was transferring itunes plus format songs, it would take an immensely long time. it transfers almost as quickly as itunes>ipod.

Wiseguy158

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Sounds good. Although, after reading about which folders the music goes in to, I found it pretty easy just to drag and drop. The issue I came upon w/ dragging and dropping myself is that not all the art/covers came w/ it. Quite a few songs didn't get the album art to come with. Does DT do a better job of pairing that w/ songs when transferring?

clafountaine

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I synced a couple hundred songs to my EVO from a windows 7 laptop and it took 2 hours!!!!! this is insane :/ I hope it picks up when I have to sync next time.

psvillars#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
it is very slow and it doesn't have an option to retrieve album art I used Isyncr app to sync with itunes worked well for me, I also found an mp3 search app and an album art retriever app for the phone so I manage my music mostly through my device now

melo

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Doubletwist is painfully slow with a huge media library. It's so slow on my mac that I just gave up trying to use it. I'm currently trying other alternatives

robpasell

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've found it to be extremely slow as well. I even disabled all sync options except podcasts, and even 1 podcast takes 15+ minutes to sync. This is the only thing I've been really disappointed with so far in my switch from the Pre. The media players are all horrid.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I keep trying to like DoubleTwist, but I just can't.
It's ugly, slow, refuses to find my podcasts or let me subscribe to new ones, doesn't minimize to tray so when playing music you have to have two windows on your bar, sync is painfully slow, there are no options for playing songs other than alphabetically, no visualizer, no equalizer and basically it just sucks.
Now I'm sure if you just wanted it for syncing and not for the playing of music it's handy, cuz it does have the Android Market integrated, but I was hoping for something to replace iTunes and it is not even close to being able to do so.

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I keep trying to like DoubleTwist, but I just can't.
It's ugly, slow, refuses to find my podcasts or let me subscribe to new ones, doesn't minimize to tray so when playing music you have to have two windows on your bar, sync is painfully slow, there are no options for playing songs other than alphabetically, no visualizer, no equalizer and basically it just sucks.
Now I'm sure if you just wanted it for syncing and not for the playing of music it's handy, cuz it does have the Android Market integrated, but I was hoping for something to replace iTunes and it is not even close to being able to do so.

It was never sold as a media player or iTunes replacement, it is meant to be a way to sync media to your devices, and it seems that it's not quite there for those purposes yet

As for me, so far it has synced the little media and files I've attempted

G-Money713

May 20, 2010
Visit site
i gave up on doubletwist. IT IS SOOOOO SLOW! isyncr is a much better way to go for windows users. It takes a while, but no worse than doing an ipod.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled DoubleTwist today. Tunesync is far better and brought over just about all but three album covers out of close to 200. A lot faster too.

bk553

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Tunesync is awesome. Small program that runs as a server, uses all itunes playlists (including podcasts). Very cool. Only like 4 bucks too. Try it out.

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been using iSyncr for PC for syncing and bTunes for playing music.
I like how iSyncr is able to sync things fairly easily (although the UI isn't great) (and it isn't very quick), and bTunes is a pretty good music player (only complaint with bTunes is that it sometimes puts the wrong album art over my correct album art that is already there).

I may switch to DoubleTwist for both playing and syncing when I get my MacBook Pro. Does DoubleTwist sync back playcounts through their DT Sync software?
I tried out the DoubleTwist playing app, and when I went to sync back with iSyncr, I noticed that the songs I just played didn't sync back in terms of the playcount. I also noticed that the songs didn't scrobble with Last.fm while played. This may be the same issue between the two, does anybody know if that is the case? Perhaps whatever music apps have to do to "tell" Android that a song is playing/has been played isn't occuring with DoubleTwist? I know that DoubleTwist said that Last.fm scrobbling will work with a new version. My playcounts sync back to iTunes when I sync with iSyncr whether I play with the stock Music app or bTunes (just not DoubleTwist right now).