[App][Free] Monetal - Expense tracker. No Ads, no In-Apps!

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site

Monetal - Expense Tracker​

Completely free! No-Ads, no In-App purchases!

Offering a clean and intuitive interface, the application makes it super easy and fun for you to track expenses!​

1699084129992.png
Hi everybody! I am indie dev of Monetal - a powerful and user-friendly tool designed to revolutionise the way users manage their finances, helping them gain control over their financial life. Monetal is completely free app: no-Ads, no In-App purchases. Enjoy!

Why it's free?

I have a full time job as iOS dev and that is my pet project. It had in-app purchases before, but I dropped them completely and make it free because huge amount of Monetal users was facing problem since this war between Russia and Ukraine. I don’t collaborate with any company or share any user data. I don’t plan to deal with In-app purchases or Ads again. May be just some sort of sponsorship, but certainly shouldn’t effect existing users.

10 years together!​

Amazingly, but the first version of Monetal was released back in 2012(!) for Windows Phone. It was an interesting journey, from student budgets to adult financial decisions. And user reviews and suggestions were the best fuel. I don't plan to stop here, there are still many tasks ahead!
Join me today and start writing your financial story!

❤️ I do my best to read every message. Please don't hesitate to leave a feedback 🤝

Home page: monetal.app
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monetal/id1302304930
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clickland.monetal.free
Dev Twitter: https://twitter.com/IlyaKrupko

Last edited:

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody! I am really sorry didn't keeping this thread up to date through years. But it's time to change this because project is still alive ❤️

And good news - both platforms got a lots of updates.
- New official site is located at monetal.app
- 9 different converters to transfer you data to Monetal from existing apps
- Icon and title logo update
- Both apps supports eight languages, common localisation between iOS and Android project

Also, yesterday new version v5.37 was released on on Google Play:
- Number of accounts in wallet
- New rate amounts view
- Updated budgets view
- New skills to learn
- TZS currency

Feel free to leave any feedback, it is highly appreciated!

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
The truth to be told it's almost 11 years in total, published for WinPhone in autumn 2012 ;) . And I managed to get married, give birth to a daughter, get a dog, move to another country and become a full-time iOS developer. But all of this can be tracked down in my Monetal data))
This days I am finishing to unify all features between platforms for ease of development and to keep documentation up to date.

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys! New version v5.38 is available in Google Play
- add #force to transaction note to confirm recurring transactions automatically
- once a year recurring period
- bugfixes

Currently I am working on improving translations quality which was previously made by Google Translate. Now Monetal supports 8 languages and I have found already several volunteers to verify German, Turkish and Ukrainian, but I am still looking for somebody who can review French, Hindi, Spanish or Italian.
Please contact with support@monetal.app if you can help :giggle:
Thank you!

Last edited:

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, new version v5.39 is available for 100% users in Google Play. I have fixed translation quality and and added several features:
- Turkish localisation
- Language selection (Android 13+)
- Warning if a lot of data and backup isn't enabled
- Different opportunities to help project added to Help screen
- Confirm recurrent transaction by today or original date
- Bug fixes

Currently I am working on improving translations quality which was previously made by Google Translate. I am looking for somebody who can verify French, Hindi, Spanish or Italian. Please contact with support@monetal.app if you can help. Thank you!

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I started to roll out a new version of v5.44 , so far for 50 percent of users.
Fixed a crash on Android devices while saving data with power saving mode enabled + minor fixes for the interface and localisation.

Also I added typewriter sound for animated hints during onboarding, and now I'm thinking of making all sound effects in the same style, similar to the sounds from retro RPG games. If somebody knows suitable sound packs please advice me :giggle:

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello! New version 5.48 is available in Google Play:
- Transaction history displays the current account balance
- Visual style of the widget matches the style of the application
- Ability to send monthly reports by email is hidden until I figure out the mail server. For now, use the share function (there is info in Help)
- Bugs fixed and minor changes to the interface.

Ilya Krupko

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello @Users!
It was a hard week but I have finished new cool features and v5.51 is available in Google Play.
- Added account balance widget. Initially hidden, will be displayed after 5 days when there is enough data. Now it’s convenient to see how your savings are growing or melting.
- Updated the Sync panel in the settings and added info about synchronization in Help
- Fixed menu colors

10.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34