Best phone finder app?

toddjy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this must have been discussed before, but I checked the first 20 pages of discussion and it wasn't there. Should have this in the top discussions, alongside pod catcher apps.

So what's the best app, free or paid, for locating your phone if you lost it? Should have all those tools like remote wipe.

I almost bought SeekDroid at the recommendation of one of the other blogs, but I doubt they really vetted it that much.

toddjy

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Lookout seems so bloated I don't think I could install it on my Nexus One, and if I could, I probably wouldn't be able to install anything else. No thanks.

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Lookout seems so bloated I don't think I could install it on my Nexus One, and if I could, I probably wouldn't be able to install anything else. No thanks.

bloated? its 2.62 mb, and i can't even tell its running in the background. not sure what you mean by bloated.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you are on Sprint and have TEP they have released a free app. I installed it and checked my location when I got home, it showed last 5 locations and it showed my current location and was reporting accuracy to within 3 meters which I would say was about correct.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
if you don't like lookout, there's also where's my droid. I have both it and lookout as well as something called droidring that came with my phone. I haven't lost my phone so I'm not sure which would be best.

jamesbrandsma

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
New technology out - you don't ever need to actually lose anything to find it. Most of them use bluetooth so the minute you walk away from something i.e. you forgot it there, your phone will start beeping really loudly. Or if you left your phone, and you got your keys or your bag, they will start beeping. Anyways, they are pretty cheap, use the cloud and you can attach these linquets anywhere. You can see the video here or check out the webpage here Linquet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress