handcent problem sending pic/ mms messages?

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
anybody else experrince any problems send mms pics through handcent, i can use the standerd message app sometimes it works. this is one the droid eirs. thanks :)

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
yea, i have been able to recieve pics fine so far. but the sending seems to be an issue, they receive it but they can't view the pic?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I send and receive fine. It just seems that the file size I am able to send is smaller. On my blackberry, I sent every ringtone I wanted. The Droid seems to have problems sending anything over 15 seconds. I'm using Handcent. I don't see how the actual phone would have any bearing on this.... It's the network, right?

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
cool, I have no idea how I completely overlooked that before. I had it set to the smallest possible size. I set it to the largest and, now I just sent a huge ringtone. Thank much.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
yep, that was something that was actually updated recently, and it is great. i used to not be able to send ringtones longer than like 9 seconds before

teggy6

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
this isn't about sending pics but just about handcent, or the stock app, where do you control on how long messages are saved for? the Blackberrys had where you could set on many days it kept messages...

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
With Android, I believe the setting is not based on the age of the message. But, rather on the actual number of messages.

The maximum number of messages is set by opening the messaging app (NOT Handcent, but the stock messageing app) then menu / settings / text message limit (for SMS) / multimedia message limit (for MMS) note: also make sure you select "delete old messages" box to clear out the old messages once limits you've established are reached.

Since there appears to be no setting inside the Handcent app regarding the number of messages or timeframe to keep messages, I would assume it uses the stock settings to manage this.

Keep in mind you haver LOTS of memory on this device (as compared to blackberry) and you are able to back up SMS with some free apps in market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech