Should BlackBerry lock out non-BlackBerry devices from using BlackBerry apps?

Ezekiel Odebright

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am Ezekiel. I blog and post Tech and Gadgets Reviews

While surfing the net earlier today, I came across this in a forum and decided to post it here. The poster asked
"Should BlackBerry lock out non-BlackBerry devices from using BlackBerry apps?"

His reason been that non-BlackBerry user are installing Android BlackBerry productivity apps on their devices.

So what's your though on this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
IBM did that, way back when. It cost them (in cash in court, but IBM could afford to write off 8 Billion and the WSJ noted it in a small filler, it wasn't anything to get excited about). Android can't run iPhone apps, and vice versa, because the operating systems are different (like running Windows programs on an Mac), but a company causing an app to not run because of the phone it's on, not because the app wasn't written for that phone? Blackberry's in enough trouble already (2 feet in the grave and the water's up to its lower lip). Doing something like not allowing its Android apps to run on non-BB hardware would add a few feet of water - they'd drown. It wouldn't bother me - I don't use either their phones or their apps. But they'd become like Ashton Tate. Remember them? $40 Million was enough to sink them.

BB can't afford a mistake like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non