Use keyboard shortcut to paste text

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an app on my PC that lets me paste in frequently used text blocks into an email or document with a quick keyword. Think like Shift-Cntl-H to paste in the phrase "Hi There. How are you doing? Long Time No See. Have a great time here":

I'd like to use these same phrases when doing email from my phone, but on the phone I have to type it all out each time.

Does anyone know of an app or method to do this on Android (I'm on version 6.0)? I'm having trouble searching because I don't really know what you call this functionality (back in the MS Word on PC days they called these blurbs "glossaries", or "phrases").

Steve

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You'd have to find a Keyboard that allows for 'hot words' that automatically get replaced. I believe the newer stock Samsung Keyboards do, and I wanna say Swype does as well, but I'm not 100% sure. I know SwiftKey doesn't, so that one is out of the question. Maybe the Google one does as well.

spthomas

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a software solution? I guess the software would have to be memory resident all the time. And not sure how to "trigger" it since Android keyboards don't have the cntl or alt keys like PC keyboards. Or even a way to have a list in memory and a shortcut way to pop it on top to select the phrase from a list.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there a software solution? I guess the software would have to be memory resident all the time. And not sure how to "trigger" it since Android keyboards don't have the cntl or alt keys like PC keyboards. Or even a way to have a list in memory and a shortcut way to pop it on top to select the phrase from a list.

As I indicated above, there is at least one keyboard available which has the full complement of "PC" keys:

kb1.jpgkb2.jpg