Easy Tether Lite good for newbies?

jefboyardee

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Easy Tether just released Easy Tether Lite, a free version with no HTTPS until you buy in. I see no recent ET chat, but knowing nothing about tethering other than I?d love to turn off my cable connection someday, I?m just curious if ETL is good place to stick my toes in the water...

alostpacket

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Worked well for me when I lost electricity last year in a huge storm. gas generator + my Droid+ easy tether kept me from going into internet withdrawl :)

Who is your carrier? it seems ATT has been capping and cracking down as of lately with Verizon quietly only capping/slowing the worst offenders

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
With Sprint and Friends, data seems to be pretty open still, but you never can tell. Better to play within the rules as much as possible for your sake, but if not, I find Easy Tether gets better battery life than wireless hotspot, or wireless anything, really.

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ET Lite just won't allow you to use any sites that use HTTPS as you mentioned so you have to descide if you sue them a lot or not. i:)i

I use HTTPS on my Google Email so that would not work for me. I have used ET though and it works perfect. I now just tether via wireless.

As for the AT&T issue I heard that you simply tell them you use Pandora a lot and they will accept that as a reason. i:)i

Thanks goodness I have Sprint.

Reactions: jefboyardee

jpwhre

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
i'm using ET pro. have been for a long time. $10 bucks once is better than sprints $30 a month. You also have to install a client onto your pc. I keep the x86 and 64 bit client saved to my sd card so if I'm ever on someone elses laptop and they or I need to have net on it. I use it mostly for backup net service at home, and on the road were no wifi network is available. Sprint Evo 0004 no root.

jpwhre

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that is correct. They call it a driver, but it is actually an app that runs on your pc. The core for xp/w7 has the driver in it, it will install both driver and the app.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz