3rd Party Hotspot Solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liracto

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post here, I hope someone can provide me with a better solution than my current one.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
An unlimited data contract with three (with a 4GB hotspot).

I am going on Holiday to France later this year and thanks to threes feel at home service I will have 12GB of data to use on my mobile device.

However, while abroad three does not allow the device to share its data via USB tethering or wifi hotspot so under normal circumstances the data abroad is confined to the phone.

To get around this restriction I use an app called clockwork mod tether, which allows a mobile device to share its internet connection with (in my case) a windows laptop over USB.

Once I have my phone tethered to my laptop I can then use a program called connectify to then create a wifi hotspot by selecting the virtual ethernet port the clockwork software uses as the source connection and then the laptops wifi to share this for multiple devices to connect to wirelessley.

My question is, does anyone have a better solution (that does NOT require rooting). For example an app that allows the sharing of mobile data over wifi that is not detected as a hotspot (as the network would not allow this hence why I can't just use androids built in hotspot system).

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol