Swannview configs on Android platform

MichaelWR

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Good morning everyone,
I have just set up a Swann security system and everything works fine except Smartphone connectivity. I downloaded the App called Swannview (current release) and it won't talk. Swann's instructions are sparse but clear. I have a pretty strong IT background so the obvious things are as they should be such as NAT redirects and correct IP configs. My question is: Has anyone had any luck with remote connectivity using Swann and Swannview? Additionally, I CAN get the Swann box to talk remotely to a PC via the Internet, just not an Android phone, so I believe the Swann box is talking to the Internet in general. My phone is an Droid 2. Tech support with Swann is of course as expected non-existent, so anyone here have any thoughts about this? I would like to hear about anyone's experience with Swann's multi cam security systems. Thanks in advance,
~Michael

mintuit

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
SwannView

I figured out that you need to have the mobile port open on your firewall. When in device settings on the DVR go to Mobile. The default service port for Mobile is 18004 and needs to be set accordingly in SwannView.

adamvan2000

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I've tried opening the mobile, media, and web ports to the Net, and still nada. It also seems like anytime I try to connect via my HC tablet, I lose connection via NetViewer on my notebook. I'm thinking it's got to be a network setting, or a DVR setting, as neither SwannView or IP Cam Viewer can show the pics, even though Swannview said it was connected to the server.

Tim Bainter

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Once I got it to work on my local network, getting it to work through the firewall was pretty easy.

1) make sure you follow the instructions for DDNS setup so that you can use a name rather than an unroutable IP.I used the swanndvr site as per the directions.
2) You need to open up the port on your home network firewall. Swann directions talk about a mobile port and that wasn't even an option on my DVR. I allowed inbound traffic on the IP port and mapped it to the device port using my Uverse home gateway device. I don't think I had to do it this way. My device said the TCP port was 85 and the local port was 8000. I poked a hole in the firewall at 85 thinking it would connect through. It did not. I had my firewall screen open anyway, so instead of changing client config & firewall, I just mapped 85 through to 8000.

China Spy

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
But is always say server unavailable on my android phone. I can easy view on PC or laptop , but smart phone is "server unavailable" what could i do ?

paddinoto

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
My app runs smoothly until all my configurations get lost some how. I have to go to mydvr program on the computer and log back in to get my app to re-connect with the server. I have all ports open and I have even a host set up but the problem is not with the app it is with the dvr. I have called customer service twice and they even set the mydvr program to an older version and I still have problems. The ****y thing here is I have an android phone and can't access mydvr through internet exployer unless I use a computer. The whole point to the app is to access cameras through my phone.

gurno

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
hi being reading most of the stuff on remote viewing for swannview paid a lot of money for my system does its job on cameras but android forget it have spent hour after hour tying to get it to work it was one of the reasons I bought it for even bought a Samsung tab 2 just for this to see outside of uk I feel I was conned with all the hype on this product maybe I am wrong but I have tried everything and am ready to get rid of it p>>>ed off

emerduties

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I installed swannview pro on my Android, but I can't seem to find the right application to download on my windows 7 laptop. Help Please!!!!!

nklorichi

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,,To my experience the swann program will only play on certain smart phones for example it plays fine on my LG Lucid,But it will not play on my galaxy s4.On my galaxy s4 shows successful connection but it will not show live video,At the same time i can view my stand alone PTZ camera on my galaxy s4 just fine,But not the swann DVR.I think that it has to do with flash player being installed on your phone or not.

Last edited:

evolutioninstalls

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I was able to get local view and remote view via an iphone5, but I was only able to get local view and NOT remote view via a Droid RAZr. anyone have any suggestions, thoughts, ideas on why this might be or which mobile app is fully compatible with Droid Razr M?

gjphillips

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I read on another forum that if you turn your flashlight on and let it time out (do not manually turn it off), then try your swann view app again somehow it re-boots cameras and flashlight. I was skeptical, but it worked. I also un-installed a prior version of swann view pro and downloaded the original swann view app. I'm using a verizon HTC one M8 that I recently updated (to lollipop), which made my swann view pro to quit working. Hope this helps someone.

Jackie Sellers

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gjphillips
What is the solution to viewing the Swann DVR on lollipop? I have tried everything and no luck... works ok on my laptop and tablet but not with my new samsung galaxy edge phone, and of course... no reply from the Swann helpline despite endless phone message saying they are busy and hold on. :-(

txwilson24

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
You need to have your router forward the local ip to mobile port 9000 for it to work. Your dvr is working via the internet because its going via http port and not the mobile port. Check your fwd rules on router. Mine is working perfect.

txwilson24

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,,To my experience the swann program will only play on certain smart phones for example it plays fine on my LG Lucid,But it will not play on my galaxy s4.On my galaxy s4 shows successful connection but it will not show live video,At the same time i can view my stand alone PTZ camera on my galaxy s4 just fine,But not the swann DVR.I think that it has to do with flash player being installed on your phone or not.

I have also experienced this. New Phone LG g3 (Rooted) will not play but will play on my moms iphone. not a dvr / network issue if working on another device so i guess its a hit or miss. I force stopped the app, cleared cache / data uninstall / reinstall and still nothing. When launching The app it shows (buffering for 2 sec then goes to "Playing" (as if it was connected and working as normal)...... but no image appears on the boxes even after selecting the channels.

txwilson24

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I read on another forum that if you turn your flashlight on and let it time out (do not manually turn it off), then try your swann view app again somehow it re-boots cameras and flashlight. I was skeptical, but it worked. I also un-installed a prior version of swann view pro and downloaded the original swann view app. I'm using a verizon HTC one M8 that I recently updated (to lollipop), which made my swann view pro to quit working. Hope this helps someone.

How many people did you have sitting there aimlessly waiting for there flash light to time out. Some flash light apps never time out.... #TROLL

Gani Saleh

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
The Swan view pro or otherwise does not work on Android Platform, well not on my HTC One anyway
I have been messing with it for several hours the same app work's fine on iOS Devices without a hitch

but meyepro works well with android OS so download the latter and you should be fine someone at Swann
should be doing all this research but then they only care about selling their equipment.

Hope this helps

ricroddesign

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Morning laid up ill so been exploring the Swannview software for Android Lollipop.

Tried all from basic Swannview to Swannview Pro with no luck. Finally found a solution that works fine its called MEYE https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.MEye&hl=en_GB&token=fUkkoZeA

Installed it added the DVR http address etc and hey presto it works!! Did test a couple of their Pro and HD apps but they DIDN'T work. What's interesting is that MEYE standard was upgraded just this month, April 2016. Try it out and let me know................