mymail delete imap data

louis14

May 3, 2016
Visit site
i use mymail ap on android 6.0.1 on an imap account
mymail has loaded more then 3000 imap mails from the server
I want to use another email app because i want to use an app that loads only a part of the imap mails
4ve already removed mymail but I have the impression dat the loaded imap is not deady on the smartphone
eleted when I look to the used memory of my smartphone.
I have again installed mymail and it was not needed to load again the imap mails from the imap server:the imap mails where
already on the smartphone.
I don't want to delete the mails on the imap server.
How can I (when i uninstall mymail) delete the imap data of mymail.
I've found a folder sdcard/mymail with a file data but it contains only 2 bytes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're using an IMAP server, the emails shouldn't be downloading physically to the phone. The email app should just be mirroring what's on the remote server--this is one of the main advantages of IMAP over POP3.

I'm not sure what you mean by some of the things you said--like you "have the impression dat the loaded imap is not deady on the smartphone."

louis14

May 3, 2016
Visit site
in my sententence the words "not deady" must be "already"
a mirror is an exact copy of the original site: this must also be put in memory somewhere and after removing the app mymail the mirror wasn't removed I think because when I reinstalled mymail the mirror was there immediately and I didn't have to wait an hour like at the first installation.
i don' understand why the mirror of 3000 messages takes more then an hour if it's not physical downloaded.On my PC windows live mail imap takes between 5 and 10 min to mirror all the messages

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By mirroring, I mean that the mail app shows what's on the remote server, and doesn't have to download every single email.

If things are taking a long time to sync, it might have more to do with that mail app. Also, are you entering the IMAP settings manually? If not, edit the server settings to make sure it's IMAP and not POP3.

louis14

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I supposed I was using imap on mymail app on my smartphone but now I've done the following test:
I've deleted a message on my iPad surely using imap and after an hour the message was not yet removed on my smartphone.
I've deleted a message on my smartphone and after an hour the message was not yet deleted on my iPad
As I remember when I have added my account to mymail app I have just added my email address and my password and mymail did not ask the imap server and port.
how can i check surely it's not imap but pop3? (i cannot read the properties of the account in mymail)

louis14

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I've found why Mymail did not free flash disk space (for 3000 mails) when i uninstalled Mymail: it's a cloud service.
The emails are saved on a cloud server.
But I've read the server of Mymail still does pop3 polling to your internet provider after you uninstalled Mymail so you have to change the password after uninstalling Mymail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo