Google voice.

GNX231

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and girls. i can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere on this. what im trying to do is. i have verizon wireless 1500 min. family text and talk plan. i have the incredible (so 29.00 unlim. data plan) and my wife has an env 3.what i'm thinking is if i drop the plan to the family talk only plan then give my incredible to my wife and buy a tbolt for myself, i then can port the numbers to google voice so i can txt and call for free paying the same amount i pay now but now we have two data plans instead off one. i orig. wanted to just drop the plan but my wifes phone wont' work with the google voice will it? i'm i correct in this theory?

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes google voice will still use minutes and yes Goog voice requires a data plan to work.

Well...unless you change how the contacts call but that's a huge pain but I could explain it.

The easiest way to use google voice for free with VZ is to add both numbers to the circle and you also have to add both outbound calling numbers as well. Google will (for the most part) use a "local" # to route the data call to a tower and then forward it from there. Both #'s need to be in the circle. So you and your wife will have to use 4 numbs total to make it work. Also you'll need to keep up with it as Google will switch the number it calls from sometimes and you'll need to add the new number.

That was my experience anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463