Playstore search for paid apps only

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out how to search for paid apps. For example, say I wanted a chess game. So I search for chess. A bunch of free and a few paid show up. I would like to filter them further into paid and not paid.

Or even an filter for no iaps or ads.

I use to love searching through the playstore and supporting new developers. These past few years all I keep finding is these iaps and ads apps. There has to be an alternative search method that I'm missing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It looks like that kind of filtering is only possible on the full desktop Play Store website, not in the app (or the mobile site).

And kudos to you for supporting devs!:cool:

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. I had no idea the desktop offered more options for searches.

I always thought the point of an app was to keep the original functionality while making it easier to navigate on a phone. But google seems to be on a dumbing things down kick. Only they are removing features to achieve it.

Was it google that claimed the sd card was too complicated for us to use?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apps are generally somewhat less functional than their website counterparts. The Gmail app has fewer functions than what's available on the full web interface, for example. I would guess it's partly to make the apps more streamlined (especially since people often complain of how much Google apps seem to balloon in size with updates).

I don't think Google was saying that SD cards were too complicated for users--I think they were saying that the complexity of how Android accesses external storage could potentially cause problems for people who like to move apps to SD (which is part of the reason why Google doesn't include SD slots in Nexus phones). And we're already seeing issues like that with Adoptable Storage (i.e., Marshmallow's ability to incorporate an SD card into the phone's Internal Storage)--it might increase a phone's app installation capacity, but it also puts those apps on the SD card at risk for failure if the card fails (which is probably more often than the average user may think).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae