Can't log into Google Play Store

waynethepaine

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
New Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.

- Recently purchased new phone
- Need to re-download apps
- Press play store app, immediately sent to white, non-webpage sign in screen
- Don't remember password since it's on a second account, not main g mail account
- Use main g mail password, won't except it
-Change password on second g mail account (that I'm now only partially sure is the one I signed up with)
- repeat process at white screen with new password for secondary account still won't accept
- repeat process on actual play store website as opposed to all white log in screen twice, separately for each account
- both times phone sends me to all white screen log in screen and rejects passwords

What is going on here? Will the play store only accept passwords from the gmail account I originally signed up with two years ago? I'm pretty sure the secondary account is the one linked to my phone number? Why is the play store app not actually taking me to the play store app website and going directly to a password confirmation page?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Accounts, remove your secondary Google account, and see if you can access the Play Store with only your primary Google account on the phone. If that doesn't work, try removing both accounts, and then add just one account back, and try again with the Play Store.

waynethepaine

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I followed your instructions but I still got the same results. I decided to factory reset the phone and now everything works fine. Why should that be since I just got this phone? Thanks for the help all the same.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, but I usually don't dabble with multiple accounts on a phone. Too much potential for confusion!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad