Groovu software - BE CAREFUL

sdrc

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone else get ripped off by GroovU and their vaporware Netflix app? I paid $9 for their Netflix app. It didn't work. I send a note to support and they tell me "Wait until the end of the month and there will be an update that fixes it"... So I wait. No update... after a while the app is gone from the Market. I email support.... nothing... I keep emailing.... finally 2 months later they reply telling me how Netflix told them to stop dev on the product and that since I didn't ask for a refund within 24 hours they won't give it.... even though they told me to wait for the update to fix it.

Best part.... check out this reply that I got from support:

--Start Message----

Subject: Customer Support Survey
To: "Groovu Media"

Thanks for taking my money and completely ignoring me. It's a nice
business model. Do a little work to create a non-funcitonal app. Charge a bunch of people for it and then abandon them. Hey... It's only $6 right? who's
going to sue over $6? Nice move. I bet you made a good amount of money.

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:42 PM

----- Reply message -----

Date: Wed, Mar 16, 2011 5:25 pm
Subject: Customer Support Survey
To: "..."

Hello,

Try $87,988.89.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Connor Bowers
CEO - Groovu Media

---End Message---

Is this seriously how they respond to me when I am thinking I was ripped off?????

I guess the moral of the story is: If you buy anything from GroovU and it does not work.... don't wait and don't listen to them... just uninstall it and get a refund.

$9 isnt the end of the world but I hate being ripped off and I think that they did just that and to more people that just me. If you got ripped off too you should start asking for your money back by sending emails to support@groovu.com. Maybe if enough people start complaining to them and Google they will have no choice but to refund everyone they ripped off.