If Not Clean Master, Then...?

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Over in OK Google acknowledgement tone, it was written:

I don't mean to be rude, but as soon as I read your suggestion to install a Cheetah Mobile app, I don't want to bother with anything you're suggesting. They're well known on the forums (here & elsewhere) as a company to avoid.

CM used to be the most highly-regarded cleaner. I'd removed the full version, long ago, when, after "improvement" after "improvement," it became annoying and I began to suspect it was doing more harm than good. I've tried CM Lite, recently, but that seems obnoxious, too. (Put it on my wife's tablet. She became convinced it made it slower and removed it.)

Can anybody recommend a lightweight cleaner that works properly and isn't annoying? I don't mind paying a few $s for good apps that do what they're supposed to do, no more, no less. Utterly detest adverts.

TIA

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
All cleaners, boosters and RAM managing apps should be avoided. Clean Master and all Cheetah Mobile apps should also all be avoided. The apps that have that functionality serve no purpose in Android and are thus primarily used to house either ads or are just set up to be used as data collecting tools for unsuspecting consumers. In addition to not doing anything useful, as your wife alluded to, they DO actually degrade performance rather than enhance anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon