??The Official Thread For Questions, Comments, or Concerns about SPB Shell 3D App ??

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried to switch to Launcher Pro using Home switcher. But It keeps switching back to 3dshell won't let me make Launcher Pro the default? I guess I have to uninstall in order to go back to launcher pro anyone else having a issue with this?

Did you go manually into applications in your settings area and clear defaults out of SPB Shell 3D. I have an EVO 4G. To clear defaults manually is very easy. Go to Settings/Applications and find SPB Shell 3D and click on it. Scroll down and hit Clear Defaults. Click your home button and a choice of what you want. Make sure you check the button Use by default for this action so you retain the default. I have had problems with Home Switcher in the past, that is why manually is still the best way to do this.

Reactions: sasha

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm gathering information from purchasers - to which feature(s), and/or option(s) you would love to have in the next upcoming update(s).

{SPB Shell 3D}

Please post.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The only gripe of this launcher for me is that you're not allowed to put on live wallpapers (I love me some pixel zombies). Pretty smooth works but buttery smooth isn't necessary

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@ Officerpolabear -- (Just thinking)
Would that be a good idea though - hmm? {SPB shell 3D (+) Live wallpaper (=) unnecessary battery drainage.} ••> Fact or Myth? •>What do you think? <•

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see a few changes.

1. It needs to have more option for the application drawer like the ability to change how many apps in a row and column, hiding application labels and more.

2. Smoother scrolling from screens when not using the 3D wheel mine seems to not be as smooth as other launchers.

3. Change how all apps and widget can't be placed anywhere on the home screens.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
. It needs to have more option for the application drawer like the ability to change how many apps in a row and column, hiding application labels and more.
This would be a good idea... but I have a gut feeling that they might think this isn't as urgent as others at this time. Nonetheless it's just as important to us. The darn think cost $14.95.
2. Smoother scrolling from screens when not using the 3D wheel mine seems to not be as smooth as other launchers.
I'm sure the developer(s) could put out a fix for this. Mine runs as smooth as butter on my EVO. Have you tried clearing cache and data. Keep in mine though that in doing so will revert all settings to factory default. (That means starting all over with apps, Widgets, etc.)
This one I would love to see in an upcoming update.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see a few changes.

1. It needs to have more option for the application drawer like the ability to change how many apps in a row and column, hiding application labels and more.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I third #3 lol

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
New version out for SPB Mobile Shell v. 1.03 in the Android Market.

Recent Changes
-Fixed Black screen on start problem
-Fixed settings saving

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Quick review:

Have had it three days. Looks stunning. Documentation blows. On my HTC Evo (stock) it makes everything "laggy". It's freakin' HUGE at 19+MB and piles up cache like there's no tomorrow. I just looked an my cache was 5.29MB. I tossed it onto the back burner because if you think your battery life is crappy now, place this little monster on your Evo. You'd better be near a plug. (Stock battery)

That said, it looks great....is really more of a showpiece for your friends than anything else. Didn't make it any quicker to go where I wanted but it was more entertaining getting there.

Worth $15. Purely from a time and effort standpoint, yeah, probably. From a true usage standpoint (what problem does this app solve for me at this time??), nope. But, I have it and as Ginger and Mary Anne come to visit maybe they'll bring some better battery life and this will go back on.

bj

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Quick review:

Have had it three days. Looks stunning. Documentation blows. On my HTC Evo (stock) it makes everything "laggy". It's freakin' HUGE at 19+MB and piles up cache like there's no tomorrow. I just looked an my cache was 5.29MB. I tossed it onto the back burner because if you think your battery life is crappy now, place this little monster on your Evo. You'd better be near a plug. (Stock battery)

That said, it looks great....is really more of a showpiece for your friends than anything else. Didn't make it any quicker to go where I wanted but it was more entertaining getting there.

Worth $15. Purely from a time and effort standpoint, yeah, probably. From a true usage standpoint (what problem does this app solve for me at this time??), nope. But, I have it and as Ginger and Mary Anne come to visit maybe they'll bring some better battery life and this will go back on.

bj

I have had it since the day after it came out. I am using my HTC EVO (stock) with the stock battery. I have had no slow downs at all, except on startup. To see how much it is using go to setting/Application/Running Services to see what is causing the lag. SPB Shell 3D only uses 6.0 MB of running services, which is lower than other Home replacement, ie Launcher Pro and ADW. You might have something else running to cause the slow down. For battery performance, I am getting about the same I was with any other Launcher. I basically have tried them all. Cache and file size has nothing to do with speed, unless you have a ton of apps installed. You can clear the cache very easily.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Mine works great but I noticed a bug.
I put my alarm for 2 hours from now, and the clock widget doesn't calculate the time until alarm right. Instead of 2 hours it says 3 days.

airflo49

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
running it on my N1 and boy is it fast....if your on the main screen and you spin it...its keeps going ...was spinning for over 20 mins...i had to stop it before going to bed ..

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
running it on my N1 and boy is it fast....if your on the main screen and you spin it...its keeps going ...was spinning for over 20 mins...i had to stop it before going to bed ..

It is funny, but in the new version, 1.03 it slows down and stops. I wonder if they just changed that. Which version do you have?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine is the opposite to this..(in terms of performance) SPB Shell doesn't require any extra battery power than HTC Sense. I'm loving this UI - my only regret is... I wish HTC would have implemented this feature in Sense.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I also do kind of wish that they would allow for live wallpappers too. There were a few that i downloaded and kind of liked to use every now and again.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I also do kind of wish that they would allow for live wallpappers too. There were a few that i downloaded and kind of liked to use every now and again.
I believe I've gotten an email explaining why that feature wasn't available at this time.

SPB stated that because of performance reason - "Live wallpapers and Tablets were not supported at this time". Having my honeycomb live wallpaper would be awesome on this UI.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Notification bar

Is there a way to make the notification bar disappear (similar to Launcher Pro)?

I think it's a nice alternative to Launcher Pro. I think it's got a jazzy interface, and it seems to scroll faster than Launcher Pro did.

I don't like the fact that it auto arranges icons and that Android Widgets can't be resized or positioned where I'd like them.

Live wallpapers don't really impress me, so I don't miss that feature.

I the launcher dock of Launcher Pro better than what we are given for SPB.

I'll probably play with this for a while, but I see myself going back to Launcher Pro in the future.

$15 is a little on the high side, but not that much money. Given what I paid for Documents to Go and TouchDown, it's comparable to other quality apps.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to make the notification bar disappear (similar to Launcher Pro)?
No, this UI is somewhat similar to sense.. that feature isn't available in neither one.

I think it's a nice alternative to Launcher Pro. I think it's got a jazzy interface, and it seems to scroll faster than Launcher Pro did.
Yes.. I think so. Infact, I prefer using this UI to launcher Pro.

$15 is a little on the high side, but not that much money. Given what I paid for Documents to Go and TouchDown, it's comparable to other quality apps.
I think in time the features, and options that will be implemented in SPB Shell 3D, is going to make the $15 price tag seem like a pebble in the bucket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay