Password manager

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I like Keepass. It is free on all platforms (Android, Linux, Windows, Iphone, Mac) and if you pair it with DropBox or something similar, every device gets updated.

Doc

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
+1 for KeePass. I like being able to have one app/database that goes across all my devices (SGS, PC, BlackBerry).

EeyoreDNL

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
While at work, my internet access to some sites is very limited. I cannot access DropBox or use USB drive. Can you actually look up the passwords on your phone using these apps or are the passwords encrypted? Also, do any of these apps generate random passwords?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Speaking just for Keepass (though the others are probably the same) the data is encrypted on your phone but when you enter your Master Password you can then see what your user names and passwords are for the individual sites you saved.

Without having it installed on your work computer you can then look up on your phone what you need to enter for a particular site. I would be concerned though since your work limits the usb access and blocks Dropbox, that they may also be monitoring the websites you are going to and could even be recording the keystrokes you enter (BTW this is legally allowed in the US for an employer to do though they should have an internet policy in place).

If there are sensitive sites you need to go to while at work, use your phone then or wait until you get home.

Doc

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
1Password is a great client for Android. DataVault by Ascendo is cool, but it's not on Android yet. 1Password has a client for mac & windows.

safeincloud

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am a mobile software developer and want to develop my own Password Manager application for Android. I would be glad to hear your suggestions here at the forum.

Basically what I want is:
* Great UI for ICS/Honeycomb
* Seamless sync with clouds

I just started and want to complete the beta in 30 dyas. And as I wrote above, I would love to hear any comments from you. :)

hexloft84

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
What password manager do you use or recommended that is safe to use
I recently developed an app called Password Shield, check it out. All passwords are stored local to your device and encrypted AES 128bit. Has some neat features I haven't seen in any other password manager apps. Let me know what you think.

Full Version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=lm.android.passwordshield

Lite Version:
https://market.android.com/details?id=lm.android.passwordshieldlite

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I use mSecure and it's decent. It could import my SplashID database from my Palm (I was afraid to buy the high-priced Android SplashID back then because of the terrible reviews and because I would also have to buy an expensive desktop companion just to migrate my Palm SplashID stuff).

Also, it has a free but rudimentary companion Windows backup/restore program (mBackup) that does the backup/restore over wi-fi, or you can pay for a better PC version that also allows editing, and IIRC, form filling on the PC's browsers.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Password Book for awhile now. I love it's simplicity and the linkage to Dropbox. Grabbed mSecure too, but haven't tested it yet to see what it offers over Password Book.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk